The forums have been disabled and archived as of 1/13/2019. They will remain here for the time being so that you may gather past conversations. Please contact an administrator if you need any assistance.

GW2 Council

Teamspeak Icons!

Is there a reason you need the description window on the right side so large? I never had issues with seeing people's names no matter how many icons they got :ohyeah:

All you need to do is just expand the channels window box.

Right, but the point being is, not everyone has that real estate space on their monitor. This is also how teamspeak comes, unsized. Yes, you can re-size it, but even if I was going for the minimalist view of the window, some would still be unreadable.

My only complaint now that they've been in, is the consistency across the design of the icons, is lacking. I.E. The tequatl icon is lacking an outline, but the wurm icon has one. CONSISTENCY.

PS - Ailarin miss having you around broskii, not as much fun without our glorious leader. 

:^) I'll see if I can pop in a day soon and lead something glorious.

My only complaint now that they've been in, is the consistency across the design of the icons, is lacking. I.E. The tequatl icon is lacking an outline, but the wurm icon has one. CONSISTENCY.

This would be due to different people making different icons and no style guidelines, something that can be looked at for sure.

-Saving space-

Condi and Reflect Icons are there for people who consistently step up and lead Reflect/Condi Training at wurm a lot and know what they are doing.  We give them out to members who we feel we can count on to set up and teach those teams in a effective and time efficient manner.  The icon itself helps leaders look through the TS and see those people at a glance rather than us having to rummage through a list somewhere.  Having that icon means that those people know that if there is no one else that is stepping up to lead a team, then the leaders can turn to and ask those people to do it (and you kind of have to do it if you have the icon and our at a TTS raid, otherwise the icon will be taken away).  It is more a given responsibility than anything.

GW Chat 1,2, and 3 are there for leaders.  We use it to talk to each other to coordinate maps, raids, etc. and relay info to each other across different channels.  The reason the icons are visible is so we can quickly glance and see who is in what chat instead of having to click on individual names.

Wurm Killer was given out back in the days when Triple Headed wurm was not on farm by any means.  It took TTS about two weeks of continuous tries at wurm before actually getting the first successful kill.  Even back then, the first kills done by any group (not just TTS) were all bugged kills in which the group unknowingly/knowingly used a bug to kill the wurm.  It took about a few more days of attempts after the bug was fixed to kill the wurm legitimately.  Even then, TTS was struggling consistently to get kills on a regular basis.  Wurm was MUCH harder back then then it is now.  Between now and then, wurm has received a lot of bug fixes, scaling changes, and has been made easier with better gear scaling (though that might have been a bit reversed nowadays).  The icon was given to those who were there for the first few months of Wurm and is an icon to recognize the hard work and dedication a lot of people put in to getting those first few kills.  That is also why you cannot get the icon anymore.  When HoT comes out there might be new icons to give out for new bosses (if they are anything like wurm of course).

It's been many years since I've done any significant pixel art, but here are my unsolicited redesigns:

Wurm Slayer

dirHndL.png

• The (rougher) alternatives I was playing with: hEy0pSo.png
  • I admit that it's not immediately obvious what is being depicted (which is on me-I liked the idea of stars), but this is the pose I was going for.

Fearless Leader

V9dZcT2.png

• unfortunately, I originally thought the size was 20x20 (2LG2kiO.png) and I didn't want to completely redo it, so it looks a bit clunky.

It's been many years since I've done any significant pixel art, but here are my unsolicited redesigns:

Wurm Slayer

dirHndL.png

• The (rougher) alternatives I was playing with: hEy0pSo.png
  • I admit that it's not immediately obvious what is being depicted (which is on me-I liked the idea of stars), but this is the pose I was going for.

Fearless Leader

V9dZcT2.png

• unfortunately, I originally thought the size was 20x20 (2LG2kiO.png) and I didn't want to completely redo it, so it looks a bit clunky.

I really like the Wurm Icons, they dont look like some icecream in a waffle :D

not stepping on someones toes here hopefully xD

Hey all, apparently I made some waves in the other thread about these teamspeak icons so I was told to make a new post but I dug up this thread instead.

In case you didn't read it: (I edited it down to what specifically applies to the icons)

I think if you are going to hand these things out then they need to be permanent because people really don't like getting things they have worked for taken away. And if an achievement icon can't be permanent then why even have them at all? To divide the community? To let people know that some among us are better than others? Sorry, I just don't get it.

Also, I've been with TTS for a long time now and I remember back in the day when we had a ton of icons. It seemed like there was literally an icon for everything. For some reason we got rid of those, now suddenly we have a ton of icons again. I'm just wondering, what changed? Why were a lot of icons considered a bad thing then but now we have more?

Honestly I don't really care either way, its not like I'm going to stop raiding and go all anti-TTS. I just feel like a huge deal is made about these icons and then they get taken away. I understand the reason for some changes (such as leadership changes) but if I earn something and receive acknowledgement for it then why would that acknowledgement ever just go away?

Maybe it's just the method of recognition here that is the real problem. Maybe teamspeak isn't actually the appropriate place to display awards. Do these icons serve any actual purpose like the egg or condi icons? Not really. Maybe we take this icon wipe (for the new balance patch) as an opportunity to move this sort of recognition out of teamspeak. I think this would solve 2 problems, icon clutter in teamspeak and permanency of the awards. If you put them on the website somewhere or the forums then you can just go crazy and take up all the space you want and let people keep their awards forever.

Something else I don't understand. Why not use channel groups instead of server groups? The only time anyone needs to know I am a 'Reflector Pro' is when I am actually in the wurm channel. No one in the tequatl channel needs to know who is a 'Condi Pro'. Just saying, it doesn't make sense. This would help with clutter also. If you did this then you could probably keep every icon in you have now and cluttering wouldn't be an issue. Make the wurm 'achievement icons' show up only in the wurm channel, tequatl icons only in teq channel, ect. This still wouldn't address the permanency issue but it would be a better implementation of the current system at the very least.

You can only have one channel group at a time with our teamspeak set up how it is.

We do permission level by channel group, so that people may have different permissions in different channels, eg permanent commanders in certain raid channels - they receive them in the raid lobbies so any sub channels they have them.

This also works with temporary commanders, given the icon in a sub channel, easily reverts back to taco when that channel is deleted or they aren't in it.

Every icon has a reason behind it no icons are made for the reason of simply having a icon which doesn't have some kind of information behind it. So you'll see people with icons which show they have helped or did something within [TTS]. You'll never see an icon for simply making a leader laugh or something silly as that.

There are a few types of icons ones which we give out for helping/donation aka toga & pink day others which are required for taking place in something and achieving a record time (Tequatl/Wurm) or place a ranking in such as a [TTS] SPVP or even just simply being at a unscheduled event.

There is also the ones which we use to tell who is able to help us during raids such as the commander, condi or reflect which require you to maintain in order to keep.

I agree with you no icons which achieved should be removed however the problem is sometimes things change such as the most recent wipe the speed timed wurm and tequatl icons which due to the recent major changes with the traits and skills it made it unfair for anyone to gain the icon while everything was broken as well made it unfair for people to keep an icon which they got while using the old methods of the skills & traits which was changed. They will be re-added once Anet has finished fleshing out the traits and skills a little more to have the fight more balanced.

The condi, reflect, commander icon however will always be removed if the person is no longer apart of [TTS] or not willing to help out anymore which is what the icons are for.

Added Note: As well when switching computers or reformatting please copy over your teamspeak identity as it can be slightly hard to confirm who should or shouldn't have what icons sometimes.