Light Guardian Jack

General Dungeon/Fractal Build and Group Composition Guide

So I've gone ahead and removed all the meta-builds from this guide since the meta is going to be mixed up a lot tomorrow. From what I can see nobody lost any of the tools I posted, just stuff got moved around and some professions got some new stuff. Here's a preview of what I'm going to add to the nercomancer:

Group Resurrection

Signet of Undeath, Blood Magic: Transfusion, Life from Death, Last Rites

Alright So remember when I said that nercomancers didn't have something unique and powerful that sets them apart from the other professions? Well here it is. This isn't going to get you a spot on the world record for anything but you can use Transfusion teleports allies to your feet and reses them when you use DS4. This combined with the minor "Last Rites" which stops teammates from bleeding out makes nercomancer the best profession for resurrecting teammates who continuously fall down. 

Unique Profession Boosters

Signet of Vampirism  Blood magic: Vampiric Presense  Blood Bond

Horray Nercomancer got a unique Profession booster, numbers will have to be crunched to find out if this is worth taking but it's a good thing to see. Also Signet of Vampirism does increase your allies damage slightly.

Might

Blood is Power

It's not something crazy like Phalanx Strength but 8 Might for 8 seconds for everyone in one utility is worth a look if your party is having trouble stacking might. 

Condi-support

Epidemic 

I'm still debating whether to add this catagory as a new offensive support section since Condis don't suck now but Epidemic would have to be in here if I do. If you have a lot of teammates spreading conditions, this is highly valuable to transfer the highest condi-stack to all nearby foes. 

I'll be adding the new stuff to each profession section eventually as I see new builds and such after tuesday. 

So the meta is kinda nuts right now. Everything is in flux crazy stuff is happening, Condis are running wild! Metabattle has updated the existing builds they had to switch to specializations but honestly I don't trust them right now since the meta is in flux and they're just updates of existing builds. As such I'm not updating the guide until things settle down a bit and since the core of this guide is basically the same I'll just have to add in some new toys for the professions like the Engineer's new blinding field on the motar kit.

Dnt has already gone nuts and posted 7/8 profession guides.... only elementalist is missing. I'll go ahead and post them for people who are super confused and want to know what build to start out in and post my personal comments: 

Warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmeyf8vKnw'

Things aren't that much different but warrior got a few buffs in the PS Build. 

Thief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygx9l1sUvX8

Thief apparently got a bit more team utility in their max DPS spec.

Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBfQUMRdobo

For some reason I really like Obal's guides even though his voice should sound dry. Thanks to Symbolic Avenger and the torch trait, meta has gone from GS S/F to GS Mace/Torch but other then that not much has changed, we just sort of got more access to the utility we already had along with our DPS traits. 

Mesmer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhxvfXznsvg

I can't verify the guide but mesmer got buffs I hear so.... horray? (I'll look into stuff later my mesmer is kinda neglected). 

Nerco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLspjJkztJI

I dunno I don't like this build seems like Brazil rushed this guide out a bit (he did do 4 guides in 24 hours) plus he says he's experimenting with blood magic a bit more so I wouldn't be surprised if I have a cooler build to share from him in the future. I did laugh when I saw the healing skill though.....

Ranger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljux9o5FGM

Ok ok ok I tested this out. Yes Ranger lost a lot of damage modifiers from when we first saw specialization changes but Remorseless and Clarion bond are awesome, you can keep permanent partywide Fury along with near maxed Vulnerability on one foe it's awesome! I think Clarion bond will become the PS of ranger, it's an absolutely amazing trait for keeping fury on the party. Also quick tip, I dunno if this is a bug, but if you stow your pet and go into combat, it counts as a free pet swap and you get one free call of the wild!

Engineer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=webeJKI36X4

Engineer is kinda awesome right now with the new F5 Motar kit, Orbital laser. Nobody knows the new crazy damage rotation will be but the core of the build was pretty much the same thing I've been running and I've had a lot of fun with it. Don't trust that damage rotation though, it's already outdated because Anet nerfed Motar kit auto-attack damage :P. I'd also like to point out that Motar kit 4 is a blinding field meaning you have one more tools to keep foes from hitting your allies.

However with a lot of these, there is a lot of disagreement in the PvE dungeon communities as to what's the best to run right now so while this is a good place to start, I encourage you to go out and explore this new and dangerous new meta! There are new and crazy broken builds waiting to be discovered and who knows how things will turn out in the end! The core of this guide still applies you still want to balance your defensive and offensive support and such but remember the variables can be manipulated by you and nobody knows what will be optimal when the dust settles. 

Yeah I have been experimenting with Staff Elementalist.  I'm not particularly fond of the DnT fractals build at all.  I am finding the best traits to be:

Fire - 1 - 1 - 2

Air - 3 - 1 - 1

Arcane - 1 - 2 - 3

Compared to the standard DnT "meta build", the above build has been providing me with substantially more DPS and more Utility in 90% of scenarios in fractals.  And the other 10% is borderline.  I think they went straight for water for the 10% damage modifier without really testing it much.  I would possibly switch out Arcane with Water (3,2,1 or 3,2,3) when doing Mai Trin or Legendary Imbued Shaman for the extra sustain/cleanse.  I'm still using strength runes and full zerker + assassin weapon.  Not particularly interested to seeing variations on Scholar now, costs too much, plus as I am using Pyromancer's Puissance it ensures 100% uptime on 25 stacks of might for the longer fractal fights.

Re: elementalist.

It's generally accepted that you run fire and air as specs. The third is a toss up between water and arcane. The reason this is in a bit of Flux is because in some cases, arcane is better while in other cases, water wins out.

Arcane is generally better for very short fights ~7 seconds long. It's a lot more burst than water. Water, however, with the proper rotation hits harder in fights where you'll have time to do your entire dps rotation.

Being stuck in water for more tham 1 second is a dps loss though. A way to avoid this is to cast meteor shower, switch to water as it starts casting, wait until it finishes, cast ice bow (4, 3) drop it, use staff water 2 (ice spike) and then switch to air or earth for a second before going back to fire.

So slowly but surely I'm going to start updating the guide now that more stable builds have been released and we've got an idea of how each of the new tools work, I'll be adding the new stuff like slow as well to the guide.

Each profession will have a status above it indicating when I get around to updating them....

I'll start with everyone's favorite redheaded stepchild, nercomancer since they went from having next to nothing to having.... something.... I mean it's not the elementalists everything but it's something.

I'm about to remove this section from the Guardian's summary but I thought it's hilarious in hindsight:

So why doesn't every team just run 5 Guardians and destroy everything? Well Guardian suck at offensive support compared to everyone else and while they're DPS isn't that bad, others can pull out more raw damage then everyone else. So as usual, you do get diminishing returns on every Guardian you add to a group, however usually one more wall of reflection doesn't hurt things. 

I've updated Guardian, Warrior, and Elementalist. You may notice there's not that much that's different.... well that's because nothing really changed except for Guardian getting a cool new elite shout. 

Other professions might take a bit longer...

It's still true though. The effectiveness of additional FMW drops sharply with every additional FMW as you don't need any more Quickness uptime than 100%, and for short encounters, 2-3 FMWs already give 100% uptime. Adding Spotter/DiscEA is more effective.

You don't need 25 seconds of quickness for most encounters because most encounters don't last 25 seconds. If the encounter lasts only 10 seconds (say, triple golem SEp1) then you only need two guardians for effective 100% uptime on quickness. By the time you reach the next encounter FMW's up for use again.

Generally most last between 5-15 seconds, which makes adding more guardians than 3 suboptimal since the quickness ticks while you're running instead of actually fighting. Therein lies the purpose of bringing warriors, rangers, elementalists and whatnot rather than going full 5-guard. 5-guard traited can guarantee 100% quickness in the whole dungeon, but you lose higher base DPS, discbanner, spotter, perm 25 might, perm 25 vulnerability, permanent poison, etc etc etc, so it works, but it's not optimal.

Nercomancer:

Update Status: Done

Meta Builds:

Guides:

Spoj Forum Guide: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Guide-DPS-Necro-for-PvE

DnT Guide: http://dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12498059-dnt-necromancer-build-127-patch

The Nercomancer had high hopes for this update, they desperately needed some kind of group support and for the most part that’s what they got. Nercomancer now has access to some of the best group resurrection traits in the game and now they can give group life steal. Also now they can give group might and some group protection. Unfortunately other than that and their existing wells that’s where the new stuff for Nercomancer ends, they’re still sort of waiting for the Reaper to get that hard hitting damage spec and other professions outshine them in every other area. Still being able to teleport all your dying allies to your feet and resurrect them quickly is a huge plus in struggling groups at any skill level, just don’t expect any world speedrun records to be set by them anytime soon.

Whats a nercomancer?

:tongueout:

BEHOLD THE NEW CONDI-GUARDIAN META:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y97b8Shknh4

Ok seriously the dungeon people have found out Condi-Guardian is pretty good and I imagine some other DnT Condi-guides that follow this one that vary in viability that I might repost soon. Beserker still rules supreme but Condi has caught up quite a bit. 

BEHOLD THE NEW CONDI-GUARDIAN META:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y97b8Shknh4

Ok seriously the dungeon people have found out Condi-Guardian is pretty good and I imagine some other DnT Condi-guides that follow this one that vary in viability that I might repost soon. Beserker still rules supreme but Condi has caught up quite a bit. 

Someone find Noie.

So the Math wizards at DnT have apparently concluded that condition damage builds that focus on burning are very competitive with beserker builds in dungeon and fractal runs. Overall this doesn't change the guide that much since I focus on the utility you bring not the damage you do but I'll be updating the OP with condi-damage builds if people want to try them.

Apparently the Engineer Sinister build is the best non-ice bow damaging build right now and both it and the ranger's condi-build are better then their power counterpart after a number of seconds in an engagement. The Nercomancer's Condi-build isn't quite as strong but they are the strongest at condi-manipulation since they have access to epidemic and lots of skills that transfer conditions from allies to themselves and to mobs.