Sign in to follow this  
Saith of Dusk

Art Section in Forums Poll

Interest in an Art Section on the forums  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an art section in the forums?

• Yes
    • No (Use general chat)
  2. 2. Do you wish it to be only for original artwork, not links/posts of other artwork?

• Yes
    • No

I would love an art section although I don't have an artistic bone in my body. As for linking outside artwork from others...I'm on the fence. I would be against it only because I know certain artist don't like their artwork being linked, but most are fine if you directly like it to their deviantart/website/profile.

I am pretty keen to see people post their own content here for all TTS to admire. I have always envied those who can create something amazing from nothing but an idea. I might be able to picture something, but when it comes to creating it I just fall flat... on my face.

Could we have a seperate thread where people can submit art they found on the web perhaps? Make it stickied so that way it won't be missed and only one thread will be a lot more compact than having dozens of 'Check out this artwork I found' threads. I guess it would also be in good taste to have it so people also provide a link to the artists social media pages. But as Ivan said, there are some people who dislike their art being shared. Some go as far as stating they don't want their artwork shared without permission.

One more thing. Is there a chance we could have a 'photoshopped' thread where we can submit all of our strange and wonderful edited images? Only reason I am asking is because seeing people mash a bunch of images together into something outrageous and crazy is something I have always enjoyed. Or would this be better suited to the off-topic section that we already have?

Guest Yodaisme

I like your idea pronto, two stickied threads for photoshopped and outside artwork links and allow people with original artwork to post in the section.

Yea I think that would be nice, as long as people respect the artwork/artist and gives the proper source etc, as for a fact I know many people don't mind if their artwork is posted elsewhere if their source is linked too, though saying that there are people who do not want their art being posted elsewhere.  World of artists can be very difficult at times Orz.