GW2 Council

Teamspeak Taco Purge!

Our delicious tacos have served us well for the last handful of months, but sadly, even our chemic- I mean, all natural tacos have an expiration date!

taco.png?eb0f66

In 48 hours we will have our somewhat-regular Taco Purge, where all members on teamspeak will lose their tacos. You may get your taco back at the normal time after Wurm raid, and throughout the next week you will see leaders ‘manning’ the taco stand at varying times to ensure you get your fresh new taco more.

Why do we do a Taco Purge?

Simple! Tacos in teamspeak are for members only, and while the months tick on by, some people are no longer actual members of TTS, and yet retain their taco. In order to keep the integrity and worth of the tacos, we must wipe the slate clean and issue new tacos in order to make sure only current members have Tacos

I don’t attend Wurm, how do I get mine back!?

Just send a message to a leader in teamspeak and if they are available they will assist you. Do make sure you are a current TTS member, and be repping in front of them so that they may verify that you are indeed in TTS!

If you have more questions about the Tacos, please reference our F.A.Q here!

I also suggest only handing out to people that sign up to the forums.

I know that may sound a bit harsh, but when you think about it, that way people can stay updated on whats going on with TTS and other things.

I also suggest only handing out to people that sign up to the forums.

I know that may sound a bit harsh, but when you think about it, that way people can stay updated on whats going on with TTS and other things.

TTS only requirements are to rep during raids and keep repping until the end and use team speak during raids. The forums is for you guy to interact with each other; leaders and council too. It's fine that people just to the 2 requirements. Don't tell this to Rachel, but the forums here is for you to have fun discussing anything you have in mind.

TTS only requirements are to rep during raids and keep repping until the end and use team speak during raids. 

There is no such policy requiring members to use Teamspeak during raids unless you've substantially changed the requirements since I last looked. If that change is going to be made, it needs to be made readily apparent to its members.

TTS only requirements are to rep during raids and keep repping until the end and use team speak during raids. The forums is for you guy to interact with each other; leaders and council too. It's fine that people just to the 2 requirements. Don't tell this to Rachel, but the forums here is for you to have fun discussing anything you have in mind.

*GASP* What did I walk into? Those are treacherous words, Nex!

TTS only requirements are to rep during raids and keep repping until the end and use team speak during raids.

There is no such policy requiring members to use Teamspeak during raids unless you've substantially changed the requirements since I last looked. If that change is going to be made, it needs to be made readily apparent to its members.

Phrasing >.< TTS Etiquette Document:

We also encourage everyone to join on Teamspeak, even just to listen in, as it not only makes organisation super easy, but it’s also great for a bit of fun chit chat and banter.

It is nearly impossible to get on the right map without teamspeak sometimes. Taxi in the leaders abov....oh you're not on teamspeak. Not only did you no hear that. You don't know which leaders are online to taxi on. So you are just sitting there, twiddling your thumbs while the map is filling up.

I thought it was required for members to use teamspeak during raids. My bad. But with that being said, use teamspeak it's fun!

There he goes again, using that F word.  Stop using it when Rachel's around!

It is nearly impossible to get on the right map without teamspeak sometimes. Taxi in the leaders abov....oh you're not on teamspeak. Not only did you no hear that. You don't know which leaders are online to taxi on. So you are just sitting there, twiddling your thumbs while the map is filling up.

...Fair point. Maybe rephrasing would be optimal. I do not see making teamspeak a "requirement" happening. People shouldn't have to hop on if they really don't want too. But at the end of the day, being spread out over 12 guilds and to explain the fights makes voicecom's an invaluable asset. Everyone gets the message at the same time for taxi's vs having to post, repost, rerepost in each guild chat.

"Encourge..." 

Yeah. I'm a huge teamspeak fan, but when we're talking about policy and member requirements, words matter.

Even if I'm on a TTS map for Teq, sometimes, I just want some silence. Because I don't need the comms to effectively do the fight, I choose to not sign into Teamspeak instead of muting my audio in the raid channel.

"Encourge..." 

Yeah. I'm a huge teamspeak fan, but when we're talking about policy and member requirements, words matter.

Even if I'm on a TTS map for Teq, sometimes, I just want some silence. Because I don't need the comms to effectively do the fight, I choose to not sign into Teamspeak instead of muting my audio in the raid channel.

Well technically we can't exactly force people to join the TeamSpeak servers. xD Plus it would be of advantage for members to listen in regardless of their experience.

We don't require people to be on teamspeak. I will however say we use teamspeak to determine where or not will will be running more maps and if we go for a single, double or triple decap as well telling members and users when they should be taxi into the map.

A few additional points to consider for the etiquette doc:

• no mic needed
  • far easier to get into a map (not dependent on people in guild chat) & TTS members with a taco will often get priority when only one wurm map is run for NA
  • training and other help 

The no mic needed part is what really got me to get onto voip before I got a headset, even though that's obvious looking back now. And then, who doesn't want to get onto a map earlier instead of just hope that someone in guild chat answers taxi requests?

What necessitated the need to change it?

Is it more of a generalization/splitting so that Archage can have their R+ language?

Do you plan to have any substantive changes?

Is this what's holding back the community meeting?

Depending on the time slot I'm raiding in (EU/NA/OCE) I don't join TS for various reasons.

At Teqcuddle and Wurm I know what I need to do. The only problem is Crimson. The last phase to collect the phytotoxins and you're suppose to avoid one of the colors. Usually Red, it seems. Amber and Probalt is pretty easy, just follow what the zerg is doing and you'll be okay.