Sign in to follow this  
Trakis

Aggressively setting members to inactive

I participated in two Triple Trouble raids just last week (the first being on Dec 4, the second I think was Dec 5), was set to active, and this week only 4 days after my last participation, I see I'm set to inactive.  Is this something that is reset every week?  It seems like a very aggressive policy to me to be setting members to inactive every few days.  I am in Tequatl Termination Squad if that makes any difference.

Hi trakis, 

The Purge was done this weekend (on the 6th). it typically happens at the start of every month. Basically anyone set to inactive is removed and everyone who was active is set to inactive. It happens on a monthly basis so this timing has just been unfortunate =)

Hi trakis, 

The Purge was done this weekend (on the 6th). it typically happens at the start of every month. Basically anyone set to inactive is removed and everyone who was active is set to inactive. It happens on a monthly basis so this timing has just been unfortunate =)

Additionally, if you show up to a TTS raid, but are not representing your respective TTS guild, you may be set back to inactive. Generally, we whisper you multiple times before this occurs, though.

Thanks for the responses.  Well, I saw I was set to inactive before the end of November, too.  I know I was set as active before both of these occurences, because I've checked.  I think people are being set inactive way too often, at least in my guild.

There is the purge (where everyone is reset to inactive) and there are the times you are set to inactive if you attend a TTS official event but do not rep.  If you were set to inactive before the end of November, it was likely for the latter reason.

Yep, the purge sets everyone to inactive and kicks everyone who's already inactive, no one is spared, no one is special, even if your an ex-leader, an Anet Dev: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Raiding/first#post4522288 or a quaggan.

Speaking of which I need to attend a Raid sometime this month...

happens to the most active of us as well. <3 you're not alone. it may seem pretty often depending on timing and when you're set to active at long last, but in a guild group of approx. 4k people... totally understandable.

This is something you should revise.  It tends to rub people up the wrong way.  Your probably losing new members during the process by offending them.  Doesn't bother me personally.  Just saying.  It will bother others.

Was wondering why this thread was necroed... Usually we will warn members of a purge coming so that they can quickly get their active status. We purge every month to keep members relevant, repping at raids and attending at least one raid a month doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do to keep the active status. People who are new will start the month with an active status and only have to worry about getting it the following month after the next purge. New members when applying on the website are expected to read the TTS etiquette here and the etiquette also covers the rep check policy Thank you for your concern though.

I thought we were going with a 2 month purge cycle due to the fact that our members are more inactive until HoTs eventually comes out. 

Yeah I'm unsure where this information came from but we've never discussed anything about being more inactive until HoT. If anything we are trying to encourage more activity, albeit in non-raid areas, as many people have expressed interest in seeing TTS more closely resemble a social guild that also has a high focus on raid content rather than a pure raiding guild.

Just to be clear for those who are still unsure about the purge or why we do it, the reason is to remove inactive members so that we can have room in each of the guilds for growth.We had between 700 and 800 invites go out last month (too lazy to check exact number =D) alone. If we did not free up room the guilds would quickly be overwhelmed by people who may no longer have a real interest in being a part of TTS. It's not done to be malicious and we set the activity standards very low (one event - raids, guild missions, dungeon night, special events, etc. - per month is all we ask) so that they are not burdensome for people who have other guild obligations.

Sostronk, if you wouldn't mind elaborating on why you think people would find this offensive I'd be very curious to hear the reasoning. It's not something I've personally considered so I'm legitimately curious to hear your opinion. You can feel free to reply here or to message me privately if you prefer.