Sign in to follow this  
Skittles

Declining NA Division?

With a growing lack of NA leaders and a growing lack of NA events on the calendar, is it not safe to say there is a high probability of a decline in NA membership?

As more events to stay in the guilds are scheduled for OCE and EU time frames, there are a number of less available options to renew membership for those players who just have a lot on their plate in their daily lives. Sure, the dedicated can try rearranging there schedules so they may be able to make one of the events, but I know I am not the only one who gets online at random times and tries to catch an event sporadically to play with guildmates. Is it not a bit unfair then to hold the monthly participation yardstick against to NA division, when there is that much fewer events that can actually be counted for our participation? 

Has anyone looked at the calendar and seen how there is one day. One. Day. That there are NA events scheduled with any leadership. Those of us who work between the hours of 6am-5pm in EST and CST are kinda getting the raw deal. I would love to hear what individuals in similar situation as I am in are supposed to do?

The only "event" I might be able to make is the NA Community Night, which I cannot call an NA event in good faith. Last time I checked, you can't use that to keep your active status.

Why NA isn't on calendar anymore:

PAC is also still running theirs (starts about 2-3hrs after NA ones did).  (also, I'm think, but am not entirely positive, that PACs KotJ event counts which is what they start with and that starts gathering at 2hrs after reset)

Problem with that is the timing. I usually would get lucky enough to catch a Teq or Triple Trouble. Those occur at 7pm & 8pm, my time. So the PACs events start organizing and going between 9pm-1am, my time. I am up at 4:30am to get going to work each morning. Maybe you can see a part of my issue there with that. 

Saturday morning, I go to a non-profit to work and spend the evening with my other half. Sunday, I am in an all day event with a local community group either planning for the conventions and events I participate in, or playing a variety of tabletop RPGs (D&D, Rolemaster, LotR, Chainmail, etc). Interestingly enough, I juggle my oncall job during these times and have had to drop out of guild events before because my job.

It sucks, I'm a busy person. I know. I've been to 4 states in the last 60 days due to my job and will be in at least 2 more in the coming 60 days. The only free time I have is either sleep time or the 3pm-9pm slot in my weekdays.

If you have read the thread, the main reason we removed NA schedule from the calendar is because of the burnout 3-4 commander had to deal with for the last 6-9 months. 

I'm sorry if the schedule can't accommodate your personal schedule, but you got to understand, the leader/commander got their own personal schedule we want to follow. We've asked for help from the general community and have open opportunities for the community to host their own events. There were plenty of promises, but no follow through. 

What would you suggest we do? 

Yeah I don't think anyone is blaming the commanders; just looking for solutions to attain active status from now on. If you take away all events from someone's only time to play, how do they keep active with tts is the question.

4 minutes ago, Koomaster said:

Yeah I don't think anyone is blaming the commanders; just looking for solutions to attain active status from now on. If you take away all events from someone's only time to play, how do they keep active with tts is the question.

Yes. My main question now is how to keep an active status if my reasonable options to participate are slim to nada?

E Z

- Run the events :P If you run the events, there's a chance you'll spot yourself being active in the event! <.<

G G

(srsly, I don't have any real ideas other than that. just here to troll happily)

We (COs) are currently in discussion on what to do with the remaining NA members and their guilds but at this point in time it looks like NA guilds will not need to worry about active status

- not offical conformation yet and more info will come a bit later-

We know your concerns and are working on them. We are highly aware that losing NA events really hurts some people. We will be keeping you updated, I promise. This is a work in progress. For now, please do not worry :) I know things are crazy right now but we will be working things out.

And yes, Spear, you are correct. Any TTS event from any timezone counts. Just gotta message someone commander status or above in the particular guild with account name, guild, and event if no commander/CO was on to do active status.

We don't have an official announcement on active status/purges at this moment,  but I can say comfortably that you won't have to worry about this upcoming month.

We would have loved to keep NA,  but with the current state of the game, as been said, a small handful of commanders/leaders were running the show everyday for a very long time which eventually led to burnout.

If you do attend ANY TTS event (one that is hosted in teamspeak), you are eligible for active status in the current system.   Even if there are no TTS commanders present (so if a community member lead Tequatl).   You can mail any commander in your TTS guild your account name (with numbers), which guild you're in, and which event you attended.   When they get online they give you active status again.

We will also keep everyone up to date as soon as we have created a new system on active status,  but for now, there isn't much of a need to worry.   The purge is meant to keep the guilds active of people that participate in any type of TTS events, not to remove people from the guild that wish to participate in those events.

I've just been pretty bummed. The last 2 weeks, I had tried getting on during the week to see if I could catch an EU one either, but I see we are having roughly the same issue with EU this month.

21 hours ago, Skittles said:

I've just been pretty bummed. The last 2 weeks, I had tried getting on during the week to see if I could catch an EU one either, but I see we are having roughly the same issue with EU this month.

Sadly, EU is facing a few of the same issues NA was, and has decided to (for the time being) clear their schedule until things can get figured out. PAC and OCE are the only consistently active timezones right now, so would suggest trying to hit the PAC ones if you usually went to NA. They're only a couple hours later than NA usually was.