Inari

Cancellation of NA Events - Aug. 1

^^^^^^^^

Honestly with the state of the current metas,  all you have to do is tag up and the event will be rather successful.   KotJ, Teq, AB, DS, and many other events are easy-mode as long as people assume there are people on the maps wishing to complete the event.

The only exception is Triple Trouble, in which organization is a must.

Where commanders come into play is ensuring things are ran rather smoothly,  all things considered, and also to kill it rather fast with the correct organization and knowledge and also contribute to community building (which is rather key).

The teamspeak is always open for people to host their own events.  That is why there are permanent channels.   We would love to see this continue,  but relying on the same people day in and day out to host these events lead to burnout. 

2 hours ago, NexForce said:

Leocia, the fact of the matter is that, we don't have the resources to continue hosting these events on a daily basis. Yes, there were multiple people stepping up to take the lead, but 5 people stepped up saying they want to take The Teq Squad guild missions. Remember, guild missions only happen once a week, and we needed resources to step up and lead the the open world events. 

The misconception with "leading" is that people assume they must know the mechanics of the game and know this and that. But the truth be told, you don't. What we needed were people saying, "Hey, let's do TD Meta, advertising in guild chat" or "I got a squad that is setting up AB Multi map, join my squad." Even for tequatl, you just need someone to say, I got an organized map, join on me. These little actions help us and the community at large instead of everyone relying on 2-3 commanders making things happen on a daily basis. 

Recommending someone that they can lead is one thing, but executing the action is another. Without execution it's all an illusion. 

I understand, this isn't my first rodeo, either.  I've been playing these games since before most of you were born and I have headed up large guilds in most of them.  Also, I command in WvW a lot in this game.  :)  I feel like I am not communicating well, though, and that the decision is final and I got into the discussion too late, so I will just drop the issue.  My own fault for not reading the boards more often.

Thank you all for your time - both in the past and here today. :)

I will try to be on at reset as many days as possible (except when I am on vacation cause..well yeah). If anyone wants to set up an event, Teq or whatever, poke me and I will help you start it up. If people want to continue it and have a community run event like EU, then poke Merf to add it to the calendar. I will do what I can to help the transition, or help the community start events.

1 hour ago, Addy said:

I will try to be on at reset as many days as possible (except when I am on vacation cause..well yeah). If anyone wants to set up an event, Teq or whatever, poke me and I will help you start it up. If people want to continue it and have a community run event like EU, then poke Merf to add it to the calendar. I will do what I can to help the transition, or help the community start events.

This goes for me as well. If I am on at reset, I will try to get anything together. Just watch for posts in Guild Chat or hop on TS. 

So, it appears this is a thing happening all over in GW2.  I was chatting with someone in my main guild the other day saying I could never find people online to do things with any more.  And he said If you want an organized guild to do things with just join TTS.  Bad timing on my part I guess.  From what I understand, there are no TTS organized events now except raids? The calendar shows events which is confusing. Thanks for any update!

No no. PAC and OCE still run consistently. EU runs community events, like what we are encouraging you guys to do.

NA is the only one completely taking down their events from the calendar currently. The calendar is correct.

On 7/31/2016 at 7:17 AM, DeLys.5380 said:

I don't really understand why you guys keep saying this.  Many of us have "stepped up" and been turned down.  My commander in my alt account just stepped down as the CO because she is not able to command in NA anymore.  People in Teq Squad, including myself, have offered to lead events and been turned down.  I'm not sure I understand what is going on here.  If you don't want to have a calendared event, then allow others to calendar events that they want to lead.  If they don't show up to lead, then block them from calendaring any future events.  We need something, here. :/

On 7/31/2016 at 1:00 PM, DeLys.5380 said:

Well, no, he didn't. I only attended one event this week, but it was jointly led by Inari, Gek, and a Commander from Teq (sorry can't remember who that was, not Nex, though).  I could've sworn Nex lead something, too, but maybe he was just announcing it.  Like I said, I only attended the one event on Tuesday evening.  And, yes, I totally agree that the membership should step up, which is why several of us have offered to lead guild missions on Sunday afternoons.  In fact, one day Nex was a little late due to Internet issues or something and someone else - Lady Jane, I believe - did lead them and did a fantastic job.  She told me she is willing to do them any time, too, and that she is available and has lead other things.  If Gek wants to command in NA, then why did she feel compelled to step down as CO of Taco because she felt she wouldn't be able to?  She is more than capable of leading anything at all.  Anyway, maybe there is a lot more going on in the background than I'm aware of and understand - but you can see why this would be confusing for the normal, clueless NA member -- Like me. :)

Thanks for the calendaring offer. :)

The opportunity for members to volunteer themselves for their own community-led events was brought up at the NA community meeting back in June, where I impressed upon everybody that was present that that was what needed to happen in order for the timezone to be able to continue. Nobody came forward and said that they were going to commit to leading anything on any specific night. In fact, I received pushback for even introducing the idea that 6 days a week was too much for three commanders to handle and was told that there should instead be events 7 days a week with no Night Off.

The last two weeks weren't run by myself alone, however I did receive very little support - especially when it came to initiating the events for the evening, where I would have to campaign for numbers alone and would only be accompanied by another commander around spawn time. This wasn't unique to just the last two weeks either. It happened rather consistently throughout the last six months. Some members, such as Dora, have been invaluable in spreading the word to guilds that I simply could not reach due to not being in them. But commander support just wasn't there because the reality is - many of the commanders we had remaining were Pacific and didn't get online until later in the evening and Nexforce had a long commute.

I believe by "Lady Jane (or Jayne)" you are referring to Trindine, who is a commander and has the guild permissions necessary to run guild missions. Active members can of course run missions if they want, but they do not have the ability to facilitate temporary invites.

Gekk stepped down as commander (not CO) due to lack of availability, rather than inability. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that she is capable of running events, but real life happens, and she would have to take work-related phone calls at any given time, which would inherently divert her attention away from event leading.

And as anyone will have noticed, I have stepped down as well as of this past Saturday, where I was solo leading NA events from start to finish. The previous night, Friday, was similar. That, compiled with everything else I have mentioned, has resulted in excessive exhaustion and burnout. I would have stayed on longer, but being completely alone commander-wise on the very last day of NA scheduled events (as well as not being aware that this would be the case) was what happened to be the last straw that I could bear.

I do want to add. I'm not angry or bitter over any of this, so please don't take this as an attack on the current leadership. In fact, I wish them the very best as they continue forward with facilitating events for every last one of you that are able to attend. Several people in the leadership even mentioned that they would have assisted me the past few weeks if they could have, but as mentioned above, real life happens - and you simply cannot begrudge anyone for taking real life commitments over a game. So the thought alone counts.

This post is be locked. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to contact me either through the forums or in game.

We will be working with the changes that this brings. 

For now we wish our beloved NA commanders who have stepped down, Inari and Gekk, best wishes. Real life comes first. But you all won't just be forgotten, I promise. This isn't the end of the world :) We'll make things work.

In case you don't know, PAC events start at 2:00AM UTC. OCE starts around... 10ish?AM UTC... something like that.