Inari

Cancellation of NA Events - Aug. 1

Hello, everyone.

Due to issues with resources, events scheduled for the NA Timezone are to be cancelled for the forseeable future.

This is something that was bound to happen for a while. But after several months worth of content drought, NA timezone has at least reached a point that it is no longer sustainable to continue running scheduled events. 

Implications:

• The NA guilds (The Teq Squad, Tribulation, Taco, and Teq Terror) will still remain open, as members have spent in-game assets on building up the guild halls to maximum, or near-maximum levels. If it is desired that guilds be assimilated into existing timezones, then so shall it be.
  • NA Timezone Raid Training can still be run at the current time on Wednesday UTC, as it is associated more with Tequatl Teleportation Squad. Unless there are further qualms with its current timeslot overlapping Pacific KotJ.

If you have any further questions about the implications of this decision, please voice them here.

Full cancellation will go into effect on 1 August, 2016 at 00:00 UTC. In the meantime, NA will go under a reduced schedule, as can be seen on the calendar.

I said it earlier, but I'll say it again: Thanks for keeping a night-owl Euroface entertained ever since I joined. :P

*huggles* 

11 hours ago, Inari said:

after several months worth of content drought

Living world season 3 starts July 26th. Is it really a smart idea to stop running NA events just as a new batch of content is released which will likely cause a resurgence in the NA timezone?

13 minutes ago, Etybolik said:

Living world season 3 starts July 26th. Is it really a smart idea to stop running NA events just as a new batch of content is released which will likely cause a resurgence in the NA timezone?

Resurgence of members or not, it doesn't matter when it's the same 3 people commanding day in and day out and no one stepping up =x

Arrrggh oh no, but I totally understand why this is happening. My brother, Lord Erin, mentioned that this might happen and I guess D Day has come for it. I still hope to see you all in game and OMG July 26th can't come soon enough for new living world stuuuufffffffffff! *massive flailing arms here*

1 hour ago, Merforga said:

Resurgence of members or not, it doesn't matter when it's the same 3 people commanding day in and day out and no one stepping up =x

Ah ok, that makes sense. The way it's worded makes it seem like a drought of content is the reason rather than a lack of commanders.

2 hours ago, Etybolik said:

Ah ok, that makes sense. The way it's worded makes it seem like a drought of content is the reason rather than a lack of commanders.

This being the second extensive content drought has lent itself to there being little interest in signing up for Probieship - particularly for the NA timezone. Of the 3 probies that we've had join since Heart Of Thorns launch, 2 departed for other timezones due to real life schedule alignment, while the third (while they have been a tremendous assistance) is regionally closer to Pacific than they are to the more East Coast-based NA. All of this, combined with the fact that NA will in fact be losing another valued commander at the end of the month, has had a contributing factor in this decision.

I am very sorry to see this happen.  I love both my NA guilds, especially Teq.  It is really my "main" guild, since the only other guild I am in is my private one, which I have not had time to continue adding members to recently, but which I am now starting to grow more.  However, it is WvW focused (presently on JQ, so if you want to WvW on JQ, please message me for an invite in game).  (Also, if you are interested in participating in WvW and would like to transfer to JQ, talk to me in game, as well.)

I know we have strong players in Teq who would be willing to command, if they were in the position to do so.  For example, I command in WvW a lot and I offered to lead guild missions one week when Nex was having connection issues, but he said I wouldn't be able to do the necessary invites of other TTS members who wanted to join our guild for missions.  I think it would be a great idea to combine all the NA guilds, at this time, and promote people who are willing to lead.  I know we have a lot of experts that can help with this stuff and who are also willing to do so, but they just don't have the proper ranks.  I suggested to Nex that a "commander" rank be added that would have less permissions than the COs, but could still invite members, etc.  That is how we do it in WvW guilds.  In my personal guild,  actually have six different ranks under me that relate to WvW, PvE, PvP and guild hall maintenance.  I am a level 400 scribe and willing to help out with anything that needs doing, but I do not have scribe powers in our guild.

I guess what I am saying here is that, with a few administrative changes, I believe we can keep many of our NA time events.  I know this is important to many of us ... and, in fact, critical to some of us.  I know leaders get burned out, have life changes, need a break and I think it's important, especially in a guild this size, to have a pool of back-up resources, to keep things going and continue the communities that we all so much enjoy here.

Well, that's just my two cents, anyway. :)

DeLys (Leocia/Xandra/Rougerra, et. al.)

2 hours ago, DeLys.5380 said:

I know we have a lot of experts that can help with this stuff and who are also willing to do so, but they just don't have the proper ranks.  I suggested to Nex that a "commander" rank be added that would have less permissions than the COs, but could still invite members, etc.  

That is, in essence, meant to be the role of the commander rank we currently have, and it is what the restructure back in February set out to accomplish, but it is a role that is applied and screened for. Commanders were meant to run events in the foreground, while Admins handled background administrative work. The CO position was meant to be an overseer position that made sure that there was quality to the commanders running events. But due to being shortstaffed, NA's COs were essentially required to run 6 days a week, as opposed to the previously stated minimum of 3. People simply weren't applying to be NA commanders in the same way that they were applying to be Pacific or OCE commanders. There are plenty of contributing factors as to why that may be, but that may be saved for a later discussion.

In the end, people don't have to adhere to the calendar. If you want to run something, then try to make the effort to organize people for that event, whether it is reset Tequatl or King of the Jungle. Doesn't even have to be a fully TTS map! It can be a pug map; just as long as you are bringing people closer together in some way The NA guilds are remaining open, as stated above, so you're not being forced into doing events with Pacific or OCE if they are out of the timeframe that you can play, and you can extend the outreach to those who would like to come on and run things. The Core Tyria and HoT channels are always open for organization. If commanding is something that you really want to do to contribute to the community, then feel free to apply for the position. Or don't. There is still so much that any person can do as a community member with or without a commander icon next to their name in TeamSpeak.

Well, weekly guild missions comes to mind.  Lady Jayne did a great job yesterday and I'm sure he'd (snicker) be open to handling that going forward, provided he had the necessary tools to invite other TTS members to the missions, as needed.  I will volunteer to help with those as well.  I'm not sure what else I can do other than help with Scribe needs, as I am a WvW person, which is why I joined TTS, because I felt like I needed more support than the average member in PvE (LOL!).  If you can see something I can handle for you, please let me know. I'm sure I could lead Teq if I had notes on what to do, etc.  I'm sure it cannot be anymore complicated than commanding on EBG during peak hours in Tier 2. :)

PS.  What is wrong with combining the 3 NA guilds for now, if they are short people?  We will still have all three guild halls.. heck, we could even have everyone in all three guilds, if we wanted to and just use one main one for chatting (provided people have room for them).  BTW, many of us in WvW guilds have been petitioning Anet to let us have  more than 5 guild slots because we are using guilds to organize and communicate... maybe TTS should add it's voice to that? :)

I too am a heavy wvw player and TTS is great for our kind.  Past couple of weeks Ive been trying to learn the raids which is the reason I havent been coming to many of the evening events.

I just wanted to say I like coming to hang out with the group for big events and it doesnt matter to me so much what we do.

Of course, this goes without saying, that no matter what you are welcome at any other timezone. There's EU, OCE, and PAC at all different times. To make one of the timezones at least once a month for a scheduled event should be doable. And if PAC is an interest of yours to attend scheduled events, it'll be easier once Daylight Savings hits since everything will be an hour earlier so hitting at least one event is going to be easier. But there is also OCE which is very early in the morning for North America, and EU which is mid-late morning. You can get your active status at ANY timezone. Like Nex said, this doesn't change. If you attend a timezone where no commander in the particular guild you are in is on, just shoot an ingame mail to a commander with your account name, the guild you are in, the event and timezone you attended, and the commander that lead it.

And like Inari said, just because there isn't any going to be scheduled doesn't mean anything won't ever happen. So if you can't attend anything in the other 3 timezones, don't freak out. Guild missions are also still going to be run as is (I believe at least), which counts. Anyone in the community is welcome to start something up. You can even poke a commander that is online for temp commander for an event, and to spread word to the other TTS guilds so more people come. I think some of the commanders may randomly set up things like a Teq too when they can be on. It might not be more than a few times a month, but just try not to fret to getting active status. There are ways :) Whether it is PAC KotJ before bed, the last event at OCE before work, EU events mid morning on a weekend,  guild missions, or say I randomly set up a Teq on a random even, active status is achievable.

We hope every single one of you stays with TTS. We value you all. This is just something that has to be done.

On 7/17/2016 at 8:18 AM, Merforga said:

I don't really understand why you guys keep saying this.  Many of us have "stepped up" and been turned down.  My commander in my alt account just stepped down as the CO because she is not able to command in NA anymore.  People in Teq Squad, including myself, have offered to lead events and been turned down.  I'm not sure I understand what is going on here.  If you don't want to have a calendared event, then allow others to calendar events that they want to lead.  If they don't show up to lead, then block them from calendaring any future events.  We need something, here. :/

1 hour ago, DeLys.5380 said:

I don't really understand why you guys keep saying this.  Many of us have "stepped up" and been turned down.  My commander in my alt account just stepped down as the CO because she is not able to command in NA anymore.  People in Teq Squad, including myself, have offered to lead events and been turned down.  I'm not sure I understand what is going on here.  If you don't want to have a calendared event, then allow others to calendar events that they want to lead.  If they don't show up to lead, then block them from calendaring any future events.  We need something, here. :/

I believe he means applying for probie, as opposed to just offering to lead an event for just one particular day. 

As for the calendar idea, I'm sure if you contact a leader far enough in advance, they'd be more than happy to edit the calendar for you.

3 hours ago, DeLys.5380 said:

I don't see where this has happened? Inari has basically soloed NA the last week or so. Despite the fact that NA events are no longer scheduled, it doesn't mean that if you want to organise something you can't =). 

We keep saying this because the truth is, unless a commander is doing something, no one is going to step up and organise events. Just take a look at any time when there isn't an event on, I've rarely seen an instance of a someone who is always willing to step up just go "hey I want to do this Teq! \o/". I mean I could be completely wrong and it could very well be the fact that people are being rejected, but if that's the case, then it's honestly probably the biggest kept secret for the last few months. 

Ths situation is unfortunate, but at the end of the day, there has be initiative from the general member base no?

2 hours ago, Celtic said:

As for the calendar idea, I'm sure if you contact a leader far enough in advance, they'd be more than happy to edit the calendar for you.

Pretty much. This is how EU operated, and I don't see why it can't apply it. If you're willing to lead something, PM me a time and date and I'll add it to the calendar =-)

1 hour ago, Merforga said:

I don't see where this has happened? Inari has basically soloed NA the last week or so. Despite the fact that NA events are no longer scheduled, it doesn't mean that if you want to organise something you can't =). 

Well, no, he didn't. I only attended one event this week, but it was jointly led by Inari, Gek, and a Commander from Teq (sorry can't remember who that was, not Nex, though).  I could've sworn Nex lead something, too, but maybe he was just announcing it.  Like I said, I only attended the one event on Tuesday evening.  And, yes, I totally agree that the membership should step up, which is why several of us have offered to lead guild missions on Sunday afternoons.  In fact, one day Nex was a little late due to Internet issues or something and someone else - Lady Jane, I believe - did lead them and did a fantastic job.  She told me she is willing to do them any time, too, and that she is available and has lead other things.  If Gek wants to command in NA, then why did she feel compelled to step down as CO of Taco because she felt she wouldn't be able to?  She is more than capable of leading anything at all.  Anyway, maybe there is a lot more going on in the background than I'm aware of and understand - but you can see why this would be confusing for the normal, clueless NA member -- Like me. :)

Thanks for the calendaring offer. :)

Edited by DeLys.5380

He meant "Basically" which is, a majority of the time he was alone.

Fact of the matter is the content in the game is in a heavy drought.  We did just get a new map,  but it's another puggable map that requires no coordination - something that doesn't need to be organized to do.   Being a commander in TTS requires quite a lot of responsibility and time sacrifice,  something 2-3 people can't do alone for months and months.   So,  they eventually decided to do what's best for them and cancel the timezone and take a break from commandership.   We love what we do,  but if we don't get help or have a large team in which a lot of people can help, the burnout gets real. 

3 hours ago, DeLys.5380 said:

Well, no, he didn't. I only attended one event this week, but it was jointly led by Inari, Gek, and a Commander from Teq (sorry can't remember who that was, not Nex, though).  I could've sworn Nex lead something, too, but maybe he was just announcing it.  Like I said, I only attended the one event on Tuesday evening.  And, yes, I totally agree that the membership should step up, which is why several of us have offered to lead guild missions on Sunday afternoons.  In fact, one day Nex was a little late due to Internet issues or something and someone else - Lady Jane, I believe - did lead them and did a fantastic job.  She told me she is willing to do them any time, too, and that she is available and has lead other things.  If Gek wants to command in NA, then why did she feel compelled to step down as CO of Taco because she felt she wouldn't be able to?  She is more than capable of leading anything at all.  Anyway, maybe there is a lot more going on in the background than I'm aware of and understand - but you can see why this would be confusing for the normal, clueless NA member -- Like me. :)

Thanks for the calendaring offer. :)

Leocia, the fact of the matter is that, we don't have the resources to continue hosting these events on a daily basis. Yes, there were multiple people stepping up to take the lead, but 5 people stepped up saying they want to take The Teq Squad guild missions. Remember, guild missions only happen once a week, and we needed resources to step up and lead the the open world events. 

The misconception with "leading" is that people assume they must know the mechanics of the game and know this and that. But the truth be told, you don't. What we needed were people saying, "Hey, let's do TD Meta, advertising in guild chat" or "I got a squad that is setting up AB Multi map, join my squad." Even for tequatl, you just need someone to say, I got an organized map, join on me. These little actions help us and the community at large instead of everyone relying on 2-3 commanders making things happen on a daily basis. 

Recommending someone that they can lead is one thing, but executing the action is another. Without execution it's all an illusion.