Sign in to follow this  
Crystalliser

Warning: Wall of Text

Good day/night to you. I'm generally known as Crys, so feel free to call me that instead of the mouthful that is my beloved Guardian/Dragonhunter's name "Crystallis Arthuria". 

I recently came back to the GW2 near the beginning of May. I first got into GW2 when a friend from Battlefield 3 asked if I wanted to try it with him. While the game didn't really get his interest, it got mine. I fell in love with the game in the first few hours of play. It had a main story but ultimately didn't have the traditional "quests". The hearts were unique and I enjoyed doing them. The old Queensdale champion train made me my first friend and it led me to discover the Shadow Behemoth, World bosses and ultimately, Tequatl and Triple Trouble. I used to play in EU and this led me to frequently guest to Desolation and join GW2Community. Prior to quitting, I ran Tequatl and Triple Trouble daily with GW2C. I used to command Tequatl some in chat, when there were 4 commanders for it. I like to think I was a great "diboof". I leveled my first elementalist in 2-3 days when "diboofing" broke and we had to turn to what you call "blocking" now. I also ran a bit with TxS. 

When I came back to the game, I had lost many close friends be it due to them quitting or having fallen out with them prior to leaving. The close friends I had left had their own groups and I wanted to start anew, find people that are more active when I am. Thus I came to NA. I also wanted to do something familiar to me, so TTS was my way of getting back into the game. I had ran some with TTS shortly before I quit and you seemed to be a fun lot, doing for NA what GW2C was doing for EU, but you also had champion farms too! You also did/do things differently. Back in GW2C, we didn't have reflect training as you know, we just had at least 2 diboofs and if anyone new wanted to learn, they'd just learn it from the experienced diboofs. The diboofs would be the callers, but only husks/spits/spins. There was no one splitting them into two parties and calling out when to reflect. Condi team was pretty much the same. It was interesting to see. 

Since coming back, there was been many surprises. Mesmers, or chronomancers seem to be the most prominent reflect/blocking profession, followed by elementalists.  I think this was still in the testing stages when I left. I rarely see any guardians now when almost every reflect would be a guardian or elementalist before. FoTM has changed a lot and I have been slowly doing them again, though I don't really have anyone to do them with since I only had enough AR for the highest level which was 50 back then and many are doing T4s. Raids have also been very fun. I am only doing raids with TTS through training raids and have been doing mostly VG, at one session on slothasor and a little peek at Gorseval, I am itching for more. I also have every profession at level 80, though all elite specs have been unlocked except for thief, mesmer and engineer since I almost never play those.

You guys have been a great joy with teaching raids and I am truly enjoying my time with you. I am probably doing more with TTS than my "guild". Though you may be facing some troubling times, I hope you guys, we, are able to persist and keep up the good work! 

Thanks for taking your time to read this very boring and long story of mine. :P

P.S. My man characters: Crystallis Arthura(Guardian), Crys Freyja(Warrior), Eona Illuma(Elementalist), Crys Artemis(Ranger), Crys Fang(Revenant), Crys of Hel(Necromancer). 

Some fun characters: Moo Moo Crys(dirty bunker turret abuse for Champion Genius title), Oink Oink Crys, Cuddly Bear Crys(#BearBow)

^___^ / Glad you're here and having fun with TTS! I have a similar experience with my friends who I started the game with quitting. But I'm happy that I met people through TTS who are wonderful.

As for guardian reflecting - I do it often still! Sometimes I go on my Rev if I want an easy time; but I feel more engaged reflecting on my guardian. So some people still keep up the old ways as it were. :)

Hope to see you around in game. I would list all my characters which are numerous but I'm mostly on my gaurdian Koomaster or druid Mac N Trees. So if you see me feel free to wave and say hey!

I shall formally welcome you, even though you've been with Twinkie for a bit now :) Welcome welcome and I hope you continue to enjoy yourself.

On 6/15/2016 at 7:01 AM, Crystalliser said:

Back in GW2C, we didn't have reflect training as you know, we just had at least 2 diboofs and if anyone new wanted to learn, they'd just learn it from the experienced diboofs. The diboofs would be the callers, but only husks/spits/spins. 

Did you mean http://imgur.com/r9wAvla