Drecake

NA/PAC Progressive Raid

Hey raiders! Merforga has started some really good raiding groups for the OCE timeslot, and we've started training a lot of people on the first few raid bosses. We can't let OCE stay ahead forever though, so I'd like to set up one or more core raid groups for NA and PAC.

Timing for these will be dependent on who shows interest, but my preliminary thoughts are Thursday mornings (UTC) or Sunday mornings (again UTC), between 12:00 am and 2 am UTC. These are of course only initial thoughts and my personal examples, so there's a ton of flexibility.

Again, these are progressive raids so please have some experience coming in! I'd be more than happy to migrate people from the weekend training raids to progressive as time goes on. As general guidelines, here's some recommendations:

1. Be able to bring 2 different classes that you know well and are geared to a raid setting - this is a flexible requirement, and I'm open to people wanting to try new things!

2. Have kill or 1%(ish) experience on every boss you want to clear weekly.

3. Be willing to learn new mechanics and do independent theorycrafting.

If you'd like to join, reply in this thread or send me a mail in game! You can find me at Drecake.6174.

Thanks, and happy raiding!

11 hours ago, Merforga said:

Also get slack too. It's been a massive boon and I'd argue critical, in getting my group to where it is now. 

Just out of curiosity, how has slack helped? (doesn't TS do everything that slack does? Never used slack so I'm not sure what special additions it can add)

TS isn't able to be used outside of home for most people. As a mobile ap, it's a bit meh. 

Think of slack as like an out of game guild chat, where you can still chat and talk via text mode at any time of the day since it's available on everything from browser to dedicated aps. We originally used slack for:

1) Coordinating times more fluidly, without having to rely on delayed communication

2) Allows people to inform the group easily when plans change or something comes up so we can find a replacement rather than wait around for an hour. 

More recently, it's been used heavily to discuss strategies, group synergies, ideas , builds, random thoughts and to debrief the day after on what went wrong after everyone's had a good sleep and able to think about it for a while. Currently the main topic is on helping Bright build up his core group so that they have a consistent roster and are able to skill up appropriately and effectively.

While yes, some of this can be on the forums, the forums I feel don't allow for the candid and fluid communication that Slack offers. And personally, I've found the people that heavily use slack as a way to be involved in the raids portion of the game, perform significantly better than those that don't. There seems to be a correlation but I wouldn't say it's causation just yet since there's a number of other factors as well. 

I might join eventually... My ele is good to go. Staff 100%. Doesn't differ much from my normal build and rotation. d/w good, just need to practice the rotation. (At least from the builds I'm looking at).

I thought about setting up my reaper as backup but not really feeling the whole...viper/sinister thing. Lol.

32 minutes ago, Addy said:

I might join eventually... My ele is good to go. Staff 100%. Doesn't differ much from my normal build and rotation. d/w good, just need to practice the rotation. (At least from the builds I'm looking at).

I thought about setting up my reaper as backup but not really feeling the whole...viper/sinister thing. Lol.

Addy for druid \o/

I'll be focusing on Rev, War, and Ele.   Will possibly work on Druid after.   @Merforga let me know your preference for Druids.  I've got a few gold saved up so I can get ascended for both warrior and druid.   I also have a daredevil that's full ascended but... maybe a bit rusty on her.

2 minutes ago, Raven Paradox said:

I'll be focusing on Rev, War, and Ele.   Will possibly work on Druid after.   @Merforga let me know your preference for Druids.  I've got a few gold saved up so I can get ascended for both warrior and druid.   I also have a daredevil that's full ascended but... maybe a bit rusty on her.

Druid you'll want multiple sets actually. My druid runs Magi's with two healing staves, but I'm currently working on a Viper's set.

Start with magi, build up viper set for condi druid

Magi druid is staple in any group and most fights in all wings currently. Condi druid is also useful but usually only brought on by more experienced groups. 

54 minutes ago, Elder Gruff said:

I will love to join but I am available as from 2am UTC in weekdays. It should be fine on weekend.

I'm also available on weekend =D 

Come join us :grimace:

So far I have only brought my PS warrior to raids, I have DH and staff Ele set up, and if I switched armour/weapons around my revenant should be good to go too. I've recently geared up my druid for zerker and healing. My necro isn't optimally set up with ascended viper stuff etc but I've cleared it with some old friends who are pretty experienced raiders and they've said it should do fine till I can afford to get the viper ascended. I would need much more practice on heal druid and condi necro definitely though.

Woah I should check the forums more often! I think with these additions well have close to a full group. I'm thinking we can practice before training raids on Saturday (Sunday UTC). I'll message each of you for availability.

1 hour ago, Drecake said:

Woah I should check the forums more often! I think with these additions well have close to a full group. I'm thinking we can practice before training raids on Saturday (Sunday UTC). I'll message each of you for availability.

You should be checking everyday ;)