Sign in to follow this  
Valkyrie Skyqueen

Training AND Progressive Raids Friday (NA & Pacific)!!

Hey everyone! :D I know it's been a while since I did much with TTS or checked the forums, but in the meantime I have been honing my raid skills. I did this through meditating on top of a mountain surrounded by wise elders and sipping a cup of tea brewed from hand-picked mountain herbs.

Don't believe me? Ok... fine.... I actually did this by sitting in front of a computer screen for way too many hours frantically mashing my dps rotations. And now I invite you to join me on this quest to improve our raid prowess!  So grab a bag of potato chips, get a comfy chair, and prime your fingers for hours of keyboard mashing because.... RAIDS!

I will be organizing two raids on Friday. The first will be training and will occur three hours before reset on Friday March 4th NA time. It will run until an hour before reset so people can go and do dailies and what not. For the training, you don't need to be a member of the raid guild (but you should apply to it anyway!) or have ascended gear (but you should def get some if you want to raid seriously). A lot of people have told me they haven't gotten their kill yet, or even attempted VG, so that is what we will be doing. It could also be a good warm up raid for more experienced raiders, but it will be very chill. 

For the second, progressive group, I am hoping to draw mostly from the TTS raiding guild! I will also be posting in that guild prior to the raid to let people know about it. I want to run this raid regularly each week and get kills for everyone, or, if you've already killed, get to shard cap. The progressive group will be running right after Pacific raids end and going for a two hour time span. In order to join this raid, I ask that you meet the requirements of the TTS raid guild gear-wise, and have prior raiding experience. Full ascended meta is preferable. Edit: We had our first progressive raid last week on Friday night, and got VG down to 5%. This week will hopefully run more smoothly. 

I hope to see y'all there :).

- Valk

EDIT: Saturday raids didn't work out, unfortunately. Been having major computer issues. - Valk

Edited by Valkyrie Skyqueen

As y'all can hopefully see in the updated post, I have to work this Friday on short notice. If you guys want to do something on Friday feel free, but if not the good news is I am switching training raids to Saturday! Anyone interested in the progressive group can lmk whether or not they still want to run Friday, as I can still make progressive time. 

Chuo and  Reginault, hope you can still make the old time! And Spear, I guess we are both in the same work boat now lol.

Friday raids are going to happen in 30 mins as of this post :)

Wait.... Pacific is still happening. Nvrmind. 

Saturday will occur a few hours before reset. Sorry you won't be able to make this week Swishee. Most Fridays will be the regular time though!

Edited by Valkyrie Skyqueen

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Skyqueen said:

Friday raids are going to happen in 30 mins as of this post :)

Wait.... Pacific is still happening. Nvrmind. 

Saturday will occur a few hours before reset. Sorry you won't be able to make this week Swishee. Most Fridays will be the regular time though!

I might be able to get on Saturday if you guys starting before reset. I'll see if i can get home early, because you know traffic its hard to avoid it around 6PM EST.

On what you said on TS, its ok i understand, i just thought its gonna be a raid training, but since you said you guys need to get it done fast means it will be normal raid not a training raid. That's why i decided to sign-off on TS and let you other people who's experience join. I'll just try it again whenever there's raid training available where i can get on.

Thank you!

Edited by Swishee
Updated

On 2/27/2016 at 6:54 PM, Swishee said:

I might be able to get on Saturday if you guys starting before reset. I'll see if i can get home early, because you know traffic its hard to avoid it around 6PM EST.

On what you said on TS, its ok i understand, i just thought its gonna be a raid training, but since you said you guys need to get it done fast means it will be normal raid not a training raid. That's why i decided to sign-off on TS and let you other people who's experience join. I'll just try it again whenever there's raid training available where i can get on.

Thank you!

Training raids will be this Friday before reset like they would have been last week, so don't worry about missing the progressive raids last Friday night (we didn't end up killing VG anyway so you didn't miss out). I hope to see you this Friday Swishee and ty so much for your dedication and interest in raids! 

This Friday, tomorrow the 11th, due to widespread demand, training raids will be held when progressive are normally scheduled. Until we clear at least VG, progressive raids will be postponed indefinitely. The reason for this is we do not have enough veteran raiders who have cleared to make a full team that clears in just 1-2 tries per boss, so we need a bit more training in this timezone. Feel free to come to training this Friday evening after pacific!

I'm, unfortunately, working the weekend, and have worked the last few. Sorry I didn't update earlier - I forgot my password and waited too long before making a new one :)

I'll keep an eye out here, though. 

What are the requirements of TTS raid gear? I have multiple 80's for all classes in Exotic gear, one with Ascended trinkets, but ended up being the odd one out for raid picks last time. I want to learn and do this because the rest of the game isn't providing much with these quarterly updates.

4 hours ago, bAss_ackwards said:

What are the requirements of TTS raid gear? I have multiple 80's for all classes in Exotic gear, one with Ascended trinkets, but ended up being the odd one out for raid picks last time. I want to learn and do this because the rest of the game isn't providing much with these quarterly updates.

Ascended weapons and trinkets of the correct stat type + full elite spec available for most of the classes.

Is anyone able to list out the correct stat types for the different classes? The rest of the game is pretty lax with what kind of character you want to play as, so this will be my first time crafting some gear for something specific. My last experience was in FFXIV playing the tank role so I'd love to do that, but I'm game for any other role as well.

2 hours ago, bAss_ackwards said:

Is anyone able to list out the correct stat types for the different classes? The rest of the game is pretty lax with what kind of character you want to play as, so this will be my first time crafting some gear for something specific. My last experience was in FFXIV playing the tank role so I'd love to do that, but I'm game for any other role as well.

http://forums.ttsgamers.com/topic/2182-raid-gear-guide/