Joker X Fire

Reflect Guide [Joker's Version] Updated 2/12/16

Really great initiative in writing this guide Joker, but I'd like to see some of the more complicated reflects under a secondary section, like Mesmer mirror build, Scrapper fieldflect, Druid wallflect ect. 

But you've covered everything that is normally trained, so that's fantastic!

In terms of aesthetics, the background is too noticeable, it makes the text very hard to read. It needs to be made more transparent or you need to put a very thin grey outline around all the letters. In general using all caps is a really bad idea, but if you are going to do it you NEED to increase the spacing between letters from 1 to 1.5. Works wonders and will prevent your readers from getting a headache.

5 hours ago, Rachel Roqux said:

In terms of aesthetics, the background is too noticeable, it makes the text very hard to read. It needs to be made more transparent or you need to put a very thin grey outline around all the letters. In general using all caps is a really bad idea, but if you are going to do it you NEED to increase the spacing between letters from 1 to 1.5. Works wonders and will prevent your readers from getting a headache.

Thats how the font is but i can see if i can better the spacing and lighten the watermark.. and i lets see what i can do about the letters maybe i can get an outline

So it seems i cannot lighten the watermark anymore but i did get a larger spacing and i also got an outline but I'm not too sure it helps.. Ex 1 is just the double spacing and Ex 2 is the outlined version. I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, maybe larger font or different font would? What do you think?

ReflectGuideEx1.pdf

ReflectGuideEx2.pdf

Edited by Joker X Fire

11 hours ago, Wyverix said:

Really great initiative in writing this guide Joker, but I'd like to see some of the more complicated reflects under a secondary section, like Mesmer mirror build, Scrapper fieldflect, Druid wallflect ect. 

But you've covered everything that is normally trained, so that's fantastic!

Once im fully clear with everything else i might work on an advanced section.. Just for now my main focus was bringing the new people who want to try reflecting something to look at since some of the time zones seemed to lack reflectors and callers.

As vet reflector and fellow egg, I think that is very nice base guide but there would be couple things I would like to add to that such as, as guards when using Shield of Absorption and moving while its up shield will follow you so if you are using it for backup/soloflecting make sure you do not move as you might miss eggs as bubble will be sec behind you, unless this has been changed (haven't read notes or infact played much in past couple months), so before using it make sure you are standing in the right place and the other thing which goes for channeled skills such as ranger "Whirling Defense" people must make sure they do not move while they are doing it as this will cancel reflect effect I always mention this while doing training just for the simple fact that someone might not know this especially if they are new to the reflecting or even to the game itself. Even though yes these might be small details but sometimes as teams can be very limited these could be the things that can make the difference.

Also as Wyverix has mention more complicated reflects wouldn't hurt but that would of course mean more work for you while writing all this up. (such as mesmer sword skill 4 can be used to block green spit)

as I said I might be very outdated with these things haha