Sign in to follow this  
Sensha

Updated Shatterer Mechanics

Ok so I've been doing some scientific data collection of Shatterer mechanics, and here's what I have so far:

• Shard Storm's break bar is up for 8.8s, but apparently only counts for a stun if broken within the first 6s
  • Shard Storm has a 2 minute cooldown
  • Shard storm will be used as soon as possible off cooldown only after a fire breath, fire breath is marked by Teq's fear animation
  • EDIT: Occasionally, if he uses fire breath that ends a bit before the cooldown of shard storm he'll use 1-2 (maaaybe 3?) auto attacks (stomps) before shard storm instead, in which case time your launches well to stay in the air during that duration
  • Healing crystals prioritize over all other attacks (if shard storm and healing crystals are off cooldown and he uses fire breath, healing crystals will be done first, shard storm after his next fire breath)
  • Healing crystals have a 3 minute cooldown, will only be used if Shatterer's health is at 50% or below
  • Healing crystals are vulnerable to life steal and a few conditions before the break bar is removed
  • Generally the first Shard Storm will occur at around 14:08-14:12, but he can decide not to use it after the first fire breath (if he doesn't use it after the first fire breath, assume it'll be after the next one)

If you can think of anything else to add to this that's important for the overall fight, please post it in reply and I'll add it. I'd also like someone to verify that every impact from the glider bombs does 2s knockdown.

Edited by Sensha

supplemental info vs crucial stuff

• wave, only left claw - spikes, often in sets of 2 or 3
  • cripple - summon & crystal prison (near end of anim, typically in front/right claw)
  • dragon barrage/goo - taunt from smaller crystals on the ground
  • fear - flame aoe
  • in the air - shard storm, dmg aoe/spawns
  • neutral - cc/heal crystals

==

• Mortars ops on pug maps have a tendency to not be anywhere near hitting Shatterer or anything, really...
  • Glider bombs are less precise the further away people are from the target, just like engi grenades
  • A lot of people are still dropping from the sky from not dodging; they'd be better off staying on the ground and ccing if they don't have stealth gliding. If they do, then watch for the target over their head or even better - watch the effects bar for the same icon as ele air staff 2 (lightning in an x shape). 

I'm going to do some additional testing of my own, but then I'd like to write up a guide similar to those for teq/tt

For now, additional cc info

Glider 1 = 2 second knockdown (need to confirm)

Mortar 1 = 2 second knockdown * 4 shots

(mortar users need to be aware that the mortar has to rotate to face it's target area, this rotation is very slow. Avoid drastic changes in firing direction)

Cannon 1 = 400 launch

(cannon user need to stand on the stairs when using, or the cannon rotation kicks the player out by moving the player

If a break bar is successful, I've had reports that it doesn't proc the "cooldown" for shard storm, so shatt will attempt to use it again after the next fire breath (once again need to confirm)

I need a test run to check Necrojinn's reduced cooldown theory, but I added a tidbit that sometimes if fire breath is used too early before shard storm is off cooldown, he'll fill in the time gap with auto attacks (stomps), usually 1-2 but I think it could be up to 3.