Sign in to follow this  
Saith of Dusk

The Shatterer - Smash the Dragon

Place to compile info for guide to Achievement Smash the Dragon.

Following info collected by Sensha Shadowdagger at EU Shatterer 29/1:

• First break bar will happen at 14;08 and lasts for 8s, and that it'll also happen every 2 minutes unless healing crystals are spawned
  • Which probably means crystal 2 happens ~8:38
  • Basically on the theory that the healing crystals put Shatterer into a variable length state that it would change the timing of the animation rotation

EU will attempt a full zerg 'bombing' run with the predictable 1408 break bar Tomorrow.

Ok so caught the CC bar this run starting at 14:12, gonna need a few more runs to determine if it changes or not. The healing crystals does appear to be HP threshold based as they started after an animation finished once Shatterer hit 50% HP. The healing crystals appear to have a 3 minute cooldown and the Shard Storm appears to have a 2 minute cooldown and healing crystals will prevent him from using shard storm right off cooldown. I can confirm with certainty that the breakbar only lasts 8s. The times after healing crystals that we got a breakbar were 45s after the first wave when all of them were destroyed and 30s after the second round were destroyed. Take these with a grain of salt though or work on collecting similar data and share it here so we can compare notes.

Also thanks to Jayne Summerfield for helping gather this data.

Edited by Sensha

4 minutes ago, Erik said:

Achievement is currently bugged, but breaking the bar is more than doable.

Yea when we tried it with eu we were really close to it, think we had like 5-10% remaining on it with our tries however just as reminder during those times we had loads of people down which could have made all the difference.

4 hours ago, Erik said:

Achievement is currently bugged, but breaking the bar is more than doable.

Yes apparently we broke it during first kill, I crashed out before he landed with the error they patched so can't confirm.

How is achievement bugged?

For when Anet fixes the bugged achievements, Jayne and I ran another "science run". So from this one we confirmed the 2 minute cooldown on Shard Storm and the 3 minute cooldown on healing crystals. Healing crystals will only be used if Shatterer is below 50% HP. On account of the lack of predictability I noticed at first for finding storm shard after healing crystals (Shatterer will use Storm Shard asap when the cooldown is off, variable based on the current animation cycle state which is why the first one was 14:12 and the second at 12:09), I tried looking at delays but it could range from 30s after the crystals are destroyed to 45s. This run I noticed that 3 times subsequently after healing crystals, Shatterer would use Storm Shards, provided it was off cooldown, right after using his fire breath attack. I will need a few more runs to confirm the guaranteed use of Storm Shards after his fire breath after healing crystals have just been broken.

For now for the first break bar, assume you need to be ready by 14:15 on the clock and then watch the 2 min cooldown thereafter. The cooldown starts when the break bar appears.

Edited by Sensha

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/43aewq/smash_the_dragon_achievement_is_broken/czgxg7k

Dev says if you break it within 6 seconds he will not take off, so we can aim for that

Edit: this is the exact comment where he states the 6 second window: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/43aewq/smash_the_dragon_achievement_is_broken/czgysxt

Edited by honcheong.8571
added link

They pretty much nailed it rather hard on terms of getting the shatterer achievement.

By the looks of it, the second jump was delayed. Not to mention they had a full map's cooperation, while ours lately have been about 80-95% participation. Should probably look into just straight up leaping for CC, then outright burn him Teq style until just before next jump. Make for a quick burn like that hopefully lol