The forums have been disabled and archived as of 1/13/2019. They will remain here for the time being so that you may gather past conversations. Please contact an administrator if you need any assistance.

Sign in to follow this  
Light Guardian Jack

State of the game 2016 update: Shatterer revamp incoming

Difficult and organised can be different. Teq is easy mode but people still run with us because of the high level of organisation

If shatterer meets this bench mark, then I'm happy. \0/. Also if there's not an option to guild spawn shat I'm going to flip tables. 

7 hours ago, Parhelia Solfur said:

Watching the Shatterer battle during the Beta weekend was pretty much what got me keeping tabs on GW2 and my main drive to level when I actually got GW2, so rather excited to see a revamp is incoming!

heh, as long as we're going back that far, how bout we get this Shatterer fight? :lol:

https://youtu.be/fLf0RZdcmP4?t=2m13s

(sure, now that I do a link that has a start time it wants to embed it...)

Shatterer interview: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10478/Guild-Wars-2-The-Shatterer-Reborn.html

MMORPG: Do you expect people to have it on farm status quickly?

AG: The Shatterer encounter will be inherently more complex because of the new and improved mechanics, however, we’ve also kept the difficulty of the encounter appropriate for the area that it’s in (Bladeridge Steppes is a level 40-50 zone). While there are some improvements to the rewards from the event, all of the existing safeguards against farming are still in place; reward chests are awarded daily by account or character. We’re also introducing achievements that will encourage players to want to participate when the event kicks off when they’re able to.

I don't think the encounter will be that hard it looks like...........

26 minutes ago, Light Guardian Jack said:

Shatterer interview: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10478/Guild-Wars-2-The-Shatterer-Reborn.html

MMORPG: Do you expect people to have it on farm status quickly?

AG: The Shatterer encounter will be inherently more complex because of the new and improved mechanics, however, we’ve also kept the difficulty of the encounter appropriate for the area that it’s in (Bladeridge Steppes is a level 40-50 zone). While there are some improvements to the rewards from the event, all of the existing safeguards against farming are still in place; reward chests are awarded daily by account or character. We’re also introducing achievements that will encourage players to want to participate when the event kicks off when they’re able to.

I don't think the encounter will be that hard it looks like...........

probably not, but this sounds pretty cool:

The sky has its own hazards, though. As those familiar with the fight may have noticed, the Shatterer is surrounded by quite the electrical storm, and rumor on the street is gliders are conductive. Stealth Gliding is a great way to not get knocked out of the sky!

There is one exception, which involves questionable positioning at the start of the fight, but it’s hilarious, so we had to do it.

So another be under him when he lands achievement?

23 minutes ago, Spear Of Flame said:

probably not, but this sounds pretty cool:

So another be under him when he lands achievement?

Could also be that they made the old stack spot super dangerous, but if there's an achievement I'll stand there once.

13 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

I wonder if this will work in fractals too.

Well since it can't be used in borderlands (https://np.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/40n8gp/state_of_the_game_2016_post/cywtuwz) since those are in the mist and not central tyria, I think the same applies to Fractals since its in the mists as well (same as heart of the mists).

On 1/12/2016 at 4:30 AM, Kyriel said:

Speaking of QoL - about time already....

For ease of gameplay, we’ll be updating the fractal hub so players will be able to adjust the fractal scale by interacting with the control panel near the entrance, rather than having to leave the hub and reenter to adjust difficulty.

OMG that is going to help so much with my Potato interwebs...

And yay - bring on another Dragon winged back piece :)

Sign in to follow this