Sign in to follow this  
Jacobbs

[Jan 10] Training Raid

I will be running a training raid 2-5pm 3pm - 6pm EST tomorrow. As always with my runs, I will have a couple of slots open - I expect people to run meta stuff as we will be focusing on mechanics and execution.

[edit]

DELAYED EVENT BY AN HOUR TO AVOID CONFLICT WITH GMs.

Edited by Jacobbs

1 hour ago, NexForce said:

Sunday 2pm est is The Teq Squad guild mission, is it possible to start maybe 1 hour later? I'll try to finish as soon as possible for members to have the opportunity to do raids

I'll be one of those :D  Would like to do the raid training, but going to be at guild missions when it starts...

54 minutes ago, Spear Of Flame said:

Thanks for running it.  It was fun.  I'm glad you're changing it up from VG (even though I have yet to beat VG). 

What I think I will endeavor to do in the future is do one other boss for the first hour and then work on VG. Thanks for coming out and crafting some ascended gear, appreciate it. As always, feel free to ask people for more info.

@Erik @Light Guardian Jack both are good resources for Guardian

@Inari @Shebani @Staler and a few others are full of tips for Warriors

@Diviner knows a lot about engineer, and I know @Light Guardian Jack is familiar with condineer.

@Aybiel and Djeseri both know a crapton about mesmer/chronomancer.

@Kyriel @Erik both play druid

If you have questions about tempest, you can always shoot me a mail as well.

I think the only reason VG ended up not being killed was because we did it last, though (there were tons of little mistakes here and there that would not have happened if we had been fresh).

Depending on what you want to achieve, I'd say do VG first when minds are still focused and alert, and then try another boss which, like Sabetha yesterday, we won't be trying to kill anyway. I enjoyed Sabetha a lot and am looking forward to see more training raids for non-VG bosses, learning more mechanics, but imo we might have spent a bit too long on a boss that we were not trying to kill. At some point we had all seen and roughly understood the mechanics, and yet kept going.

Then of course one could argue that the goal is not to get weekly kills - it's a valid point, not much I can say to it, but imo both can be done, and it would avoid the annoyment of throwing our faces against VG when everyone is getting worn out - there wasn't much of a point doing that yesterday, really.

Anyway, sorry if I sound ungrateful, I'm really glad of yesterday's raid, and hopefully will be there for more. (If they are on Sundays, I should be)

20 hours ago, Swishee said:

Is there gonna be a next raid training ?

And if possible please schedule it around EST Wed night, Thursday/Friday anytime.

Heyo, I usually post a new topic a few days before I plan to run a training raid. You'll notice I posted one for last week, Feb 10th. I don't have any plans to do one in the near term, but you can always check in periodically to see if I have a thread up.

Alternatively, TTS has a raiding guild you might consider joining, but I don't have info about it beyond that it exists. @Merforga

12 hours ago, Yinger said:

looking for raid schedule for EST late time. New to the guild exp raider. thanks 

I don't believe there is one.  It seems the Wednesday night training raid is removed form the schedule, and I think I've seen one person ask for a person in the TTS Raid guild (which happened to occur last night...).   Maybe it'll pick up eventually?

On 2/17/2016 at 1:44 AM, Merforga said:

Mon - Thur for now. Subject to change as we see how it goes. Tis on the calendar! 

So sad i missed your Thursday raid training, because i had hard time waking up, i set up my alarm 4am EST, but i woke up around 5:19am EST.

I waited for Valky, after you mentioned she's looking members for raid training last Thursday night, i didn't see her and i ended up doing shaterrer, guild mission with Taco, then a TT.

I'm going back to work tomorrow, i guess i'll try again next week to join a raid training.

Edited by Swishee

22 hours ago, Valkyrie Skyqueen said:

Oh yes I am looking for members but didn't have a time set. Sorry to keep you waiting Swishee! 

Its alright.

Do you have plans of setting another raid training ?