Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Truthe

Posts being swallowed?

Whenever I take some time to write a post, the forum seems to completely swallow the post once the reply is sent.  When submit is hit, the reply section goes away like normal, but no post is added to the topic.  This has happened twice since the DDoS protection was added, last one happening about 5 mins ago.

Hey guys, looking into this issue now.

If you are having the same issue and cannot post here due to said issue, please send me a mail in-game or on Teamspeak.

In-game name: UnawarePolarBear.9502

TS Name: Ailarin

Having trouble reproducing this myself, so will need to see.

I had the same issue before. When I took a while (over 10 minutes I think?)to create a post, the post will not appear when I press submit. If the post was written and posted in a timely manner, nothing will happen(meaning per usual)

36 minutes ago, NexForce said:

I had the same issue before. When I took a while (over 10 minutes I think?)to create a post, the post will not appear when I press submit. If the post was written and posted in a timely manner, nothing will happen(meaning per usual)

Waited 30 minutes before posting on my test section - went through fine.

Don't think this is it, but if someone else can confirm, would be very puzzling indeed.

I can go more into detail as to what I did during that specific moment. (But as for a normal person, I wouldn't think they will do what I did)

So basically I was typing up a reply to a post, took a bit of time since I was going through other sections of the forums. To be more specific, I was replying to the Tempest DPS raid discussion, and going through Leader section and replying to topics there before I finished my post on the Tempest DPS raid discussion. I don't think this has to do with the post being gone after pressing submit, but what I saw after the post was the Cloudflare protection screen after I submit the post. 

But yea... hope this will help out. If not, oh well.  smiley face with a red nose. 

4 minutes ago, Kyzarin said:

Does a change of IP trigger it? I'm specifically thinking of smartphones here, going from WiFi to 4G or some such. 

Perhaps, but generally is browser dependent.