Sign in to follow this  
Atlantino

Huehuehuehuehue

Well that's an incredibly negative and inaccurate view of the devs. They actually at one point made it impossible to do then put the ability to reflect/block them back in. The dev I've spoken to said that yes it was unintended but that they really enjoy seeing the creativity the community has and how they figure out ways to do encounters.

Edited because words are hard.

Edited by Iona

17 minutes ago, Iona said:

Well that's an incredibly and inaccurate view of the devs. They actually at one point made it impossible to do then put the ability to reflect/block them back in. The dev I've spoken to said that yes it was unintended but that they really enjoy seeing the creativity the community has and how they figure out ways to do encounters.

It's too bad you don't have like images of that convo to share light on with Gaile.   Would be interesting what she would say about it.

I mean it's pretty much what she already said. It's allowed and it's how the fight has evolved on Live. There are no images because the conversation took place on Teamspeak when my guild was approached following some testing we were lucky enough to get in on the raids. We decided to take advantage of the opportunity and ask some questions we had.

Well last time I spoke to a dev at gamescom this year, he told me that, husk blocking is not intended to work as it is currently and should not be performed.

I got no idea what changed their point of view towards it, to declare huskblocking as legit way to beat the fight, either the Arena.net dev at gamescom did not know about the official statement and just told me his personal opinion about it, or they just don't care anymore and think of it as reward for knowledge of animations, timers and positioning plus the ability to execute the skill in time, just like how normal reflects, that we used to practice, works.

More importantly to me how will TTS wurm adapt to that. Will huskblocking be allowed and taught at wurm in the future and will condi teams be abolished, because they will only serve as backup solution if the huskblocking fails due to misspostioning or wrong timing?

The following statement does not reflect the whole TTS leadership view.

I personally don't mind people faceblocking, it really comes down to who wants to do it. Faceblock the husk will enable players with condition builds to join the rest of the community to do the mechanic, so we can have faster/more burn phases.  Also Faceblocking does require some skill and timing. Not everyone can do it well. 

After this news was release, I'm confident that people that knows how to faceblock will just faceblock. How it will affect TTS? It shouldn't because we run this event up to 6 times in all time zone, OCE, NA EU (so average 2 per time zone, check calendar for more accurate numbers). It's not like how we were running Tequatl and Triple Trouble Wurm almost 15 times a week, where if we don't let out some eggs and/or husk to keep our self from dying to boredom. 

17 hours ago, Aria Talon said:

Well last time I spoke to a dev at gamescom this year, he told me that, husk blocking is not intended to work as it is currently and should not be performed.

I got no idea what changed their point of view towards it, to declare huskblocking as legit way to beat the fight, either the Arena.net dev at gamescom did not know about the official statement and just told me his personal opinion about it, or they just don't care anymore and think of it as reward for knowledge of animations, timers and positioning plus the ability to execute the skill in time, just like how normal reflects, that we used to practice, works.

More importantly to me how will TTS wurm adapt to that. Will huskblocking be allowed and taught at wurm in the future and will condi teams be abolished, because they will only serve as backup solution if the huskblocking fails due to misspostioning or wrong timing?

The incentive to run a condi team is further reduced now that husk blocking is confirmed legal. Frankly, since the breakbar change, the condi team has been largely unneeded, as it is better to just zerg them down. I feel that with competent husk blockers (it's quite easy really once you figure it out), there will be no need to run condi team at all.

Another change TTS needs to seriously consider is dropping the reflect team numbers, I think it's absolutely nuts that we still run a compliment of 15 people. A single revenant, mesmer or guardian will do. Besides, everyone that shows up for NA reflect has done it a million times already and it's unnecessary. Most people that are new to the fight don't usually end up going to the special teams anyway.

Bottom line, reflect teams should be pared down to 6 tops, 1 person for eggs and 1 person for husks/backup if needed. If new people want to learn how to reflect, that's fine - the 1 mesmer, revenant or guardian can cover while the new person learns animations. We don't really do a whole lot of teaching TT anymore, so I feel the old way of doing it is just hanging around out of habit.

Edited by Jacobbs

6 minutes ago, Saith of Dusk said:

The reason we have larger teams is so more people can practice and learn.

The practice point is moot, people can practice if they wish, but we don't need 15 people. The learning point is moot because we don't reserve slots for new people to learn how to reflect and the teams almost always are filled with experienced people.

For a time, when I was a probie, I would hold back on allowing experienced people to reflect to give those new to it a chance to step up to learn. This has never happened on a regular enough basis to justify consistently running 15 man reflect teams, as the excuse that it "is for learning" is, frankly, the "go to" response that has no substantive basis, at least as far as NA is concerned.

[edit] I should add that this is especially true now that the Revenant tablet is a thing.

Edited by Jacobbs

As I mentioned in the previous post, we don't run Triple Trouble Wurm as often as we did before HOT was released. The reason why we need new players to practice/learn reflecting is so that the players that are experienced won't be burnt out from doing the same thing over and over again. We had success with 2 man or solo reflect teams before HOT. 

20 minutes ago, NexForce said:

As I mentioned in the previous post, we don't run Triple Trouble Wurm as often as we did before HOT was released. The reason why we need new players to practice/learn reflecting is so that the players that are experienced won't be burnt out from doing the same thing over and over again. We had success with 2 man or solo reflect teams before HOT. 

My point still stands: people can learn in teams of 3 (solo reflect, backup and learner). So unless you intend to fill 9 slots with new people learning (2 pros, 3 learners per wurm), there is absolutely no need to run 15 man teams every time. If there are no new people, why run 15?