Staler

A guild for the people who want to rep more like 24/7

Posting this as a member (yes I still remember)

Social guild follows the following structure:

• Creation of new guild (Tequatl Talk Squad)
  • A transfer application online (similar to timezone shift)
  • No minimum requirement for entry, but guild will not be advertised on TS (therefore, only social people on forums get access. Let's be real, if you aren't on the forums, you ain't social enough for it)
  • 100% Rep requirement for all non-leaders (no exception)
  • Counts as an official TTS guild during raids
  • Subject to purges just as other TTS guilds are
  • No official Timezone (missions whenever)

That's basically it. If you don't wanna be in it, then don't be. No need for talk of people dropping another guild for it either, we don't need every leader in it, nor does anybody have to be in it (if you have 4 guilds already and aren't a leader then you've most likely got a social one already)

#Meow

Definitely interested, but.. how I rep GREG and this guild if both have 100% Rep required? :O

What about: make the TTS guild you are in more social... ? XD

The social guild idea is nice, but at the end of the day you are looking for something that you already have. All the social interaction happen on TS already, for people that don't want to talk you have the muted audio chat channel... call that one guild chat, problem solved xD.

Only problem with that is I barely see anyone on TS when its not a first patch day/raid/gm time (this is only from my experience during 6pm - midnight, eastern time). I think I saw/see a total of about maybe 20 people (excluding all the ones in the afk channel), spread out  (groups of usually 3-5) between the different group channels.

Posting this as a member (yes I still remember)

Social guild follows the following structure:

• Creation of new guild (Tequatl Talk Squad)
  • A transfer application online (similar to timezone shift)
  • No minimum requirement for entry, but guild will not be advertised on TS (therefore, only social people on forums get access. Let's be real, if you aren't on the forums, you ain't social enough for it)
  • Counts as an official TTS guild during raids
  • No official Timezone (missions whenever)

That's basically it. If you don't wanna be in it, then don't be. No need for talk of people dropping another guild for it either, we don't need every leader in it, nor does anybody have to be in it (if you have 4 guilds already and aren't a leader then you've most likely got a social one already)

#Meow

But what about GMs?  You wouldn't be able to partake in those if its 100% rep req (at least until that new guild unlocked them all).

If I'm in GW2, I'm almost always repping TTS. I have a PvP/WvW guild I'll rep if I'm with that group (which has dwindled more and more to just a couple of times every month, if that). So, unless I'm stashing crap in the ol' personal guild bank, I don't bounce off of TTS too often. Now, the specific guild I'm in, Tequatl Terror Squad, is technically an OCE guild, and I raid EU, so I get it that when I'm on Tequatl Terror Squad isn't exactly bursting at the seams with online members (though it still retains a healthy population well into EU times). But even when I was actively raiding OCE and Terror Squad might have 20-30 online and active members, that guild channel seldom, if ever, was bursting with conversation. Sure, every now and again, somebody might strike up a conversation here or there about game-related things, but mostly the channel stays quiet unless somebody is asking for a taxi or asking for people to join in a raid. Important functions, to be sure, but not exactly 'community bonding' chatter, either. I know I get the feeling the few times I've tried it, it's sort of like... ever been in a situation where something bad or serious happened, and you didn't know about it yet but a bunch of other people already did? You walk into the room, oblivious to the tension in the air, crack a joke, and everyone just sorta looks at you with an expression that's a mixture of dissapointment and horror. That's how I feel about casual conversation in a TTS guild channel right now. And even if that wasn't the case, when those raids are over, well, most everybody seems to start repping other guilds, anyhow.

Granted, I can only speak for my experience in Tequatl Terror Squad. Maybe the other TTS guilds are more chatty-Kathy. I don't know. But if this thread is any indication, it would seem several of the other TTS guilds are equally as quiet. And I miss that guild banter. I've only been PvE raiding relatively recently. Maybe since August of '14. Before that, pretty much since day one, I was a PvPer/WvWer. And those guilds are typically highly social and have a lot of guild chatter. Man, those guilds will have talk going on in TS while having a whole entirely different (usually weird) conversation in guild comms. There's a uniqueness there, a spontaneity, that is difficult to replicate in TeamSpeak chat or even in voice comms. It's also a big part of how you can get to know people, and create a sort of social structure that's beyond, 'Need taxi to teq.' Yeah, some TTS members have distinct personalities and are well-known through teamspeak interactions. And that's great, but it's also limiting, because not everyone has a voice in TS. Logistically, you simply just can't have everyone talking all the time, and even if that were possible, there are a lot of people who would just stay quiet anyhow. Maybe they're shy, maybe they just appreciate being seen and not heard, or perhaps they don't have a mic. Whatever the reason, it seems I'm definitely not the only one that has noticed that TTS does lack a bit in this area. I'd certainly be interested in joining a more 'social' TTS guild, in whatever form that may come in.

Granted, I can only speak for my experience in Tequatl Terror Squad. Maybe the other TTS guilds are more chatty-Kathy. I don't know. But if this thread is any indication, it would seem several of the other TTS guilds are equally as quiet. ...

Yeah, The Teq Squad is just the same.  Most chat I see is during guild missions, and then nothing and only taxi requests during raids.  I could be in the same boat as you, with the timezone aspect, but as far as I know (I've never really thought about it) The Teq Squad seems to be a NA timezone guild.

I've tried both starting conversations and inviting people to do random stuff... Dungeons, etc.

The level of silence that follows from Guild chat is deafening.

Aside from one party - Party 7, I think, that occasionally has like 5 people, TeamSpeak channels are generally deserted outside raids still - and the five sometimes seem relatively AFK.

For EU, people generally log 20m before Teq, then it's flurry of spamming guilds to get Teq numbers. Usually only raid com speaks, who is almost always Djeseri. After Teq kill, people transfer immediately to TT lobby followed by spamming taxi offers to the guilds a second time, plus spamming LFG with teamspeak instructions that gets us over triple decap limit 5 minutes before the deadline.

After Triple Trouble the TeamSpeak clears itself and nothing happens until NA timezone.

OCE was comparatively more social as chatter happens during pre-Teq champfarm and pre-TT Taidha.

Which TTS subguild is the lowest on influence/members at the moment? If we're going to pull an internal transfer it would be best that it be to a destination subguild that needs more support. At the very least even if the social guild doesn't take off as hoped, it still has a benefit in unlocking missions for another subguild faster.

P.S. If the rep req is not 100% it is meaningless to have it in the first place. Most I know of that put numbers in the range of 70-90% die from inactivity, because people who are not repping are 'always' in the 10% of the time.

There are two kinds of guilds that survive. One type outrecruits attrition by having no rep req, but removing members who are inactive to bring in others who want to join. Generally they do either activities that require numbers more than skill, or else have a system to train the skill required. TTS is of this type, as are WvW oriented guilds and some social guilds.

The second limits attrition by setting 100% as a rep req, but doesn't need to recruit as much. The memberlist is more consistent so it's easier to build friendships early on, but later arrivals may find cliques difficult to enter. High skill req guilds are of this type and combine the rep req with occasional entry tests. Dedicated F50, dungeon speedclear and such guilds are of this type, but it also has the occasional tendency to appear highly elitist. The rep req is also considered oppressive to some.

If we are to go the no rep req route, an inactive filter is required. We could use the existing TTS structure, but as it is designed for raid activity rather than guild activity, there is the inherent risk of it reverting to normal state in a month or two.

I would still think it more prudent to use a TTS affliated social guild over co-opting an existing raid subguild though, as we can leverage the existing guild activity mechanism - and if we enter as a bunch the ability to talk to other TTS members is preserved anyway. The only 'drawback' is that the tag doesn't say [TTS] - not a concern if the motivation is purely social, but if it is something important to you please state so.

By the way Atlantino, is [GREG] open to the idea of receiving a 'social TTS' member migration?

I still have a question here. Is there a way that we can encourage people who are in the other guilds to cultivate a more active presence in those guilds? Are there things we can do to this end?

I guess I just still fall back on... what about the other people? I get that there are not people who are super active here on the forums, but why is it any different to not want to be on forums than it is to not want to hang out on teamspeak? There are plenty of people I know in highly active guilds who are active in guild chat and doing dungeons/fractals/Living Story/whatever but who don't use forums. I just don't want to dismiss people who choose not to use forums when they may very well be people who could be excellent members of the community and active participants in a lot of things.

What about other people? They have just as much opportunity to join the guild as anyone of us here on the forums. In that context, are you concerned that people that don't post on the forums will be "excluded" from the guild?

I don't think the social guild needs to be a club for active TS/forum people. If this proposal comes together the way I envision it, any member can join and leadership can facilitate people hearing about/becoming a member of the guild by advertising it as such: a place where people can main-rep TTS. That means whoever shows up to the guild - they are the right people for it. And if the guild gets full, we'll deal with that problem then. Essentially, the social guild should have an open recruitment policy (like the rest of TTS), no rep requirement (like the rest of TTS) and just emphasize the use of guild chat. It'd be the TTS guild for people that "main rep" TTS. If that's your situation, where you feel you mainly represent TTS, then join the designated social guild, there is literally no barrier other than administratively moving someone from (say for example) Guild 2 to Guild 6. Once someone is moved, they just rep that guild with others of a similar mind. That's the key, imo. Once there's a critical mass, a community will build and the rep situation will sort itself out.

Basically what we have right now.... 

Is what I'm saying over and over again, it's what we have now... people just need to work on it.

Leadership needs to facilitate the gathering of people into the same guild. This is essentially what I'm saying - we do *not* have it "right now" because all these people are spread across our 12 guilds when they should be in the same one.

The timezone change mechanism was explicitly for timezone adjustments only, and not for "I want to be social" - there is no guild for people to move to that is officially "endorsed" as it were. I mean, the members could "work on it" ourselves, without leadership support - but that seems to be counter-productive to the ultimate goal of building TTS up.

Hi all, I don't want to feel out of place posting this as a fairly new member. I have friends who have either been in TTS or are in TTS and either love the idea of the team speak run environment, are indifferent to or lament it. Personally I feel TTS==TS since it's the only way to manage the multiple satellite guilds (a positive in my view). A 100% rep/social guild would indeed be a clique by it's very nature because what guild isn't? I have dungeon running guilds and a home base/social guild I am already attached to, so what's the problem with TTS doing it?

To be succinct, a TTS social guild would bring like minded members together for the purpose of playing GW2 together. Inherently this is a clique but we all are part of one somehow, and I don't see this as a threat to others in TTS as teamspeak is still there for general consumption. The leadership in this guild is bar none amazing and as long as it doesn't effect the entity negatively as a whole there is little debate as to why it matters. The big question is of course how. I would have to say the best Idea i have read thus far is to either adopt one of the guilds as a social satellite or create the "talk" guild but if that happens there should still be a link to TS(teamspeak) for those wishing to join with those who are actively participating in said guild. Or, conversely, swallow the pill and just be more active(TTS as a whole) on teamspeak.

Sorry, that was succinct for me.

Leadership needs to facilitate the gathering of people into the same guild. This is essentially what I'm saying - we do *not* have it "right now" because all these people are spread across our 12 guilds when they should be in the same one.

The timezone change mechanism was explicitly for timezone adjustments only, and not for "I want to be social" - there is no guild for people to move to that is officially "endorsed" as it were. I mean, the members could "work on it" ourselves, without leadership support - but that seems to be counter-productive to the ultimate goal of building TTS up.

How much social this guild will be? You want the same rep requirements that we have now, so I only can see people been social during raids cuz at the end of the day people will only rep during raid times.

Can you say that we will have more than 20 -25 people rep outside of raid times? Cuz that is the average number of people rep on the guilds I'm on right now.

Some TTS guilds have more chat activity than others but that is something that people need to work on.

The timezone change was intended for both reasons not only for the mechanism but to have more people on the same timezone interacting on our guilds, the intention was make people more social, give people the chance to be with other people playing on the same timezone.

Till now I can read just demands over the "social guild" like: "I want this"... "should be like this". But I really don't see how this would be different because till now when asked you just avoid the bullet or just go around to the same points without even give a solution or show how this can really be different on what you already have.

The contra - productive part is on your mind... the only thing TTS will ask to their members is rep during raids and be nice with other members.

How much social this guild will be? You want the same rep requirements that we have now, so I only can see people been social during raids cuz at the end of the day people will only rep during raid times.

Can you say that we will have more than 20 -25 people rep outside of raid times? Cuz that is the average number of people rep on the guilds I'm on right now.

Some TTS guilds have more chat activity than others but that is something that people need to work on.

The timezone change was intended for both reasons not only for the mechanism but to have more people on the same timezone interacting on our guilds, the intention was make people more social, give people the chance to be with other people playing on the same timezone.

Till now I can read just demands over the "social guild" like: "I want this"... "should be like this". But I really don't see how this would be different because till now when asked you just avoid the bullet or just go around to the same points without even give a solution or show how this can really be different on what you already have.

The contra - productive part is on your mind... the only thing TTS will ask to their members is rep during raids and be nice with other members.

The reason I think the social Guild would be more social then the current Guild set-up is because you'd need an additional application or request in order to get moved into it.

I'm pulling this number out of thin air but I estimate at least 85% of our membership, reps during raids, doesn't talk and disappears once the events are over and would basically ignore this procress. However the remaining 15% might want to concentrate themselves in one Guild and would be seperated from the rest of members who already have a social guild they perfer. Currently we have everyone mixed together based on a number of historic factors (old servers, regions, time they got invited, etc).

Essentially designating one guild as the social guild would over time make the guild more and more social as inactive members get purged and social members slowly transfer from other Guild. That's how it worked in the past when Terror was the old social guild before Anet's megaservers had to ruin everything.....

The reason I think the social Guild would be more social then the current Guild set-up is because you'd need an additional application or request in order to get moved into it.

I'm pulling this number out of thin air but I estimate at least 85% of our membership, reps during raids, doesn't talk and disappears once the events are over and would basically ignore this procress. However the remaining 15% might want to concentrate themselves in one Guild and would be seperated from the rest of members who already have a social guild they perfer. Currently we have everyone mixed together based on a number of historic factors (old servers, regions, time they got invited, etc).

Essentially designating one guild as the social guild would over time make the guild more and more social as inactive members get purged and social members slowly transfer from other Guild. That's how it worked in the past when Terror was the old social guild before Anet's megaservers had to ruin everything.....

Jack, if you pull the number 15 without %, then that is correct, there's around 15 MEMBERS excluding leaders that has showed interest in this. 15% is no where close to the amount of people registered on the forums. (average 200 members per TTS guild X 12 TTS guilds = 2400. 2400 * 15% = 360. Currently 260 registered users. )

Jesus Christ, this whole topic is going to drive me crazy.
GET REAL.
There are people who are making this so much more complicated than it is. Yeah, trying to foresee and avoid disasters, sure. Except that no goddamn disaster is going to arise from this. The worst that can happen? The social guild won't work. OH MY GOD SOMEONE SAVE ME.
What are you all afraid of?!

If TTS has as big a member turnaround as I think it has, this might not be required. The normal TTS purge policy should be enough. But like Jacobbs said, lets cross the bridge when we get there.

What about: make the TTS guild you are in more social... ? XD

The social guild idea is nice, but at the end of the day you are looking for something that you already have. All the social interaction happen on TS already, for people that don't want to talk you have the muted audio chat channel... call that one guild chat, problem solved xD.

Sure. You go ahead and do that. How do you suggest we do it? Whisper people to rep so they can hear the loud silence afflicting the guild? TS won't ever replace what an active guild chat brings. The reasons why have already been stated 456865 times in this thread. Party 0 is a very bad temporary fix to the lack of a guild chat at best, because it requires to either have Overwolf or tab out to read and respond. It seems very obvious to me that Party 0 is NOT a fitting replacement for an active guild chat.

I still have a question here. Is there a way that we can encourage people who are in the other guilds to cultivate a more active presence in those guilds? Are there things we can do to this end?

No, there is not. For people to want to rep, you need an active guild chat. To have an active guild chat, you need people who rep. It's a catch 22.

If you don't go out and meet people, you're not being social

No. What you're describing there is called "being extroverted", not "being social". Going out with the purpose of meeting new people isn't everyone's cup of tea. That doesn't mean that they are averse to social interactions. Those who have hung out with me in TS know that I'm not one of the most talkatives ones. I am mostly a lurker. Because I don't like to talk doesn't mean I don't like hanging out with people who do like to talk together. Believe it or not, there is a sizeable part of the population who are just like that. They're called introverts. Introverts are people too!

For those that are for social guilds, Why is it for you 20-25 people? why don't you get more people in your respective TTS guilds and have them know about your proposal? 

Also Merforga asked 

I still haven't read a good proposal for his question.

Probably because what he means by "being of the social persuasion" isn't clear. Talking a lot or repping a lot? Either way, the first shouldn't be addressed, because people who like being wallflowers shouldn't be ostracized and the second is a "let's cross the bridge when we get there" kind of thing.

Is what I'm saying over and over again, it's what we have now... people just need to work on it.

Again Sasu, you tell us how we're supposed to do that.

How much social this guild will be? -> What does it matter? It doesn't matter.
Can you say that we will have more than 20 -25 people rep outside of raid times? -> What does it matter? It doesn't matter.
The timezone change was intended for both reasons not only for the mechanism but to have more people on the same timezone interacting on our guilds, the intention was make people more social, give people the chance to be with other people playing on the same timezone. -> Clearly that wasn't enough.
But I really don't see how this would be different because till now when asked you just avoid the bullet or just go around to the same points without even give a solution or show how this can really be different on what you already have. -> That's because what you're asking is completely irrelevant. That's why no one is answering it. You're basiclly stalling the whole thing because you want PROOF that it will work before we even try it?! I'm not sure about that logic Sasu. We're trying to push things further, trying to do more by outright bringing people who WANT to rep TTS outside the raids (or already do) together, and you're asking "why would that work?". Well... I don't know?! Seems obvious to me.
I'm asking YOU a question Sasu. What harm is there in TRYING IT? If there is no harm to be done, then you need no proof that it will work.

Jacobbs is right. An active guild chat will take care of itself. Bringing people who already hang out together in TS in the same guild will ensure that the guild chat gets the initial activity it needs for other people to want to rep and hang out with us. The popularity of Party 0 seems to indicate that guild chat would be active.

Well Aybiel, without increase the rep requirements how you see this will be different?

Again more demands.

And all my question you just say that doesn't matter they matter to me, you just decide to go around and don't answer :)

Well Aybiel, without increase the rep requirements how you see this will be different?

Again more demands.

And all my question you just say that doesn't matter they matter to me, you just decide to go around and don't answer :)

Difference is critical mass.

I'm surprised that people haven't noticed that all the leaders are very against this. I highly think this will fly at this point. If you are on Teamspeak, you can get social with some of the groups there. You can sit in on some people's dungeon runs and have excellent conversations about random things. And there are rooms with a limit of 5, if they didn't want you there, they would have jumped into one of those rooms. There is usually always an empty limit 5 room. Iona, Eury and several of the others usually welcome you in.

To conclude, it isn't going to happen in the near future. Stop pestering the leaders about.

(I can say this cause I'm not a leader myself)

Hmm I wouldn't say that Captain..leaders are just looking for more responses from TTS members. Its just for now we don't want to make any drastic changes/reconstructing before the holidays. Its not pestering :) 

My question to you all..these are my own questions and do not represent TTS leaders at all :) I am just trying to get some feedback.

Would you all be willing to help build up a TTS guild that does not have all the guild missions/merits?

Another solution may be to ask you all to rep 2 TTS guilds one social and one raiding.....what are your thoughts? 

Yep, my questions are only mine as a member of this community not as a TTS leader, never thought that was any difference between other members opinions or my opinions. I just want to know :)

Also Aybiel I'm not against the idea, I don't mind moving people around to make this happen is like do invites to a guild is not different, but before we do that we just want to gather some data, is just that. Sorry I didn't see your question before.

My question to you all..these are my own questions and do not represent TTS leaders at all :) I am just trying to get some feedback.

Would you all be willing to help build up a TTS guild that does not have all the guild missions/merits?

Another solution may be to ask you all to rep 2 TTS guilds one social and one raiding.....what are your thoughts?

Which TTS subguild is the lowest on influence/members at the moment? If we're going to pull an internal transfer it would be best that it be to a destination subguild that needs more support. At the very least even if the social guild doesn't take off as hoped, it still has a benefit in unlocking missions for another subguild faster.

P.S. If this is going to happen I'm in favour of making it 'in addition' to the current TTS raidguilds people are in. During raids people should rep the raidguild, the social one should be repped only outside raids, as raid rep is necessary for the influence to maintain guild buffs and missions. This one should have only buffs unlocked as we don't want to drain manpower from missions/raids.

It's not going to work without a critical mass though, which requires a coordinated transfer. All that's needed is 'where to transfer to' to be answered once and for all.

Again more demands.

Basically what we have right now....

Difference is critical mass.