Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Truthe

Interest: NA 2 (Late Night) Revival

NA 2 (Late Night) Raids  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in seeing NA 2 (Late Night) revived?

• Yes
    • No

So for people who have been around for a long time knows that at one point, we use to have NA divided into two sections.  First half happened during reset time and the second section happened about 2 hrs after the first section finished.  This was to accommodate members/leaders who were screwed over by DST and those who didn't really fit any of the timezone brackets.

There is no exact time for this yet, but the idea is to have it around 2~3 hrs after NA schedule.  Exacts can be worked on if there is a large enough interest.

So if you are interested in this, get people on this topic and voting!

I only worry about coverage for a time zone to exist you need at least six leaders for coverage. If you take them leaders from NA numbers of like 14 leaders you would have it however you would also be causing NA to also be around that low number which sometimes NA sees double to people then any other time zone.

The major problem you couldn't have full coverage in NA or the newer time zone because as we know seen with EU time zone it's not always enough to run a full schedule threw the weekdays & weekend.

Sometimes time doesn't always work for the people it tolls for and then it's time to march on.

@Cyprien Valid points.  My idea was to experiment with different formats to see what worked.  Something more laid back. If there wasn't leader coverage to ask for volunteer/commanders since recently we have had a number of members who have been showing initiative to help others lead the new encounters without being asked.  If not, we would adjust to another encounter to suit the numbers and availability of people commanding.

@Koomaster Not a bad idea. :)

I would actually be really interested in seeing where this goes. Honestly, with my current work schedule, I have a really difficult time getting to raids (getting off work after NA starts, supposed to be sleeping during OCE, heading to work as EU starts), and the old NA#2 raid times would have been perfect for me. I would also be willing to pitch in and lend a hand, especially if it's only a couple nights a week.

45 minutes ago, NexForce said:

Ivan.... I think we have a spy.....

I've been called worse things I suppose.

But as far as I know I'm not a spy - barring any manchurian candidate type scenario.

I used to lllllllooooovvvvvveeeee this later NA slot. It felt more like 'true' NA since it was a friendly slot for both eastern and western NA timezones.

Also, if recent history tells us anything its that there is certainly interest in this slot since this is pretty much when we got our first KotJ kill and the maps (and teamspeak) were constantly packed.

Also Rosso! \o/

3 hours ago, Etybolik said:

I used to lllllllooooovvvvvveeeee this later NA slot. It felt more like 'true' NA since it was a friendly slot for both eastern and western NA timezones.

Also, if recent history tells us anything its that there is certainly interest in this slot since this is pretty much when we got our first KotJ kill and the maps (and teamspeak) were constantly packed.

Also Rosso! \o/

In fairness, waiting around 2+ hours guaranteed we were going to go over. Hell, we basically chained into OCE. :^)

I am definitely a fan of this time slot. The time change puts Teq while I'm at work and makes TT hard to hit (among other things), and these later times work a lot better for me. I'm willing to lead events to make this happen. 

Yes yes yes! Late night NA time is usually when my husband and I hop on to play, so seeing something scheduled for that time would be AMAZING (even if it is just once or twice a week). NA stuff is usually just a touch to early, and OCE stuff just a touch too late for me, so I've been missing out on a lot of HoT stuff specifically with TTS (I'm still not sure when I'll ever get to catch when KotJ happens at this point).

Maybe instead of making it official right away we could try doing an additional Raid of something we didn't do that night after the official Raids for the first time slot based on interest. We essentially have 5 Mega-bosses we can do now so it's not like we're repeating Teq and Wurm twice in a row again.