The forums have been disabled and archived as of 1/13/2019. They will remain here for the time being so that you may gather past conversations. Please contact an administrator if you need any assistance.

Vanadis

Why is TTS misrepresenting Circle Strat so much?

8 people seems to be the sweet spot for having enough people to handle whats being thrown at them (so long as they are aware of what is going on and helping each other).  Fell on this this number multiple times for some odd reason... didn't think others would too O_o.

5 minutes ago, Ivan Truthe said:

8 people seems to be the sweet spot for having enough people to handle whats being thrown at them (so long as they are aware of what is going on and helping each other).  Fell on this this number multiple times for some odd reason... didn't think others would too O_o.

Because you split your zerg of 32 into 4 groups ;)

9 hours ago, Jacobbs said:

it helps counter-act the fact that most people don't dodge or move or play all that well.

This seems to be closer to the root issue. It's almost 2016 and we still even have members that don't know how to effectively manage their dodges, hard/soft CCs, and heals. 

Aside from a few areas/events the core game is not that challenging. So most players haven't had to be too concerned with playing at their peak. Then HoT comes out and they think that they can continue to play how they've always played. So it's going to take a bit for some people to catch up and realize that these skills and strategies they've been neglecting need some of their attention.

So I wouldn't say it's players who don't play well, it's the game has never before challenged them to play better. I feel as more people get acclimated to HoT you'll see players mold themselves into shape. :)

On 11/10/2015, 5:22:58, Jacobbs said:

I've been staying out of this thread lately because I knew it would be a bit of a shit show, but I am disappointed by some of the posts here that add nothing to the conversation and only serve to antagonize people. Particularly, TheAnswerer's picture post really has no place in this thread. At best it is in poor taste, and at worst it is a rude provocation. I think it's a shame that it's been allowed to stand, especially since he was once a TTS leader and should know the values that we represent as a guild.

1. Every opposing viewpoint sounds angry on internet forums.
2. It was satire. I like satire.

3. Chillax. It's a game. Also this is the internet; I could be a cat.
4. Every opposing viewpoint sounds angry on internet forums.

That said, especially 1 and 4, this thread is clickbait. The title is an accusation intended to incite. You can't add to a conversation which had no substance to begin with.

The subject isn't to address whether or not circle strat is good or bad or anything inbetween. (Or around it, if you will.) It certainly isn't about discussing the merits of circle strat over against other methods. Let's take the question and put it into a statement: "TTS is misrepresenting circle strat." I disagree. Pics or it didn't happen. /thread

Bare in mind that a day or so before I posted that, some stubborn idiot decided it would be a good idea to tag up and counter-command one of the zergs in our raid to do circle strat, causing the raid to fail. If that's not worthy of mockery, then I am actually a cat. I hope this sphere of context takes care of the rough edges for you.

4 minutes ago, The Answerer said:

1. Every opposing viewpoint sounds angry on internet forums.
2. It was satire. I like satire.

3. Chillax. It's a game. Also this is the internet; I could be a cat.
4. Every opposing viewpoint sounds angry on internet forums.

That said, especially 1 and 4, this thread is clickbait. The title is an accusation intended to incite. You can't add to a conversation which had no substance to begin with.

The subject isn't to address whether or not circle strat is good or bad or anything inbetween. (Or around it, if you will.) It certainly isn't about discussing the merits of circle strat over against other methods. Let's take the question and put it into a statement: "TTS is misrepresenting circle strat." I disagree. Pics or it didn't happen. /thread

Bare in mind that a day or so before I posted that, some stubborn idiot decided it would be a good idea to tag up and counter-command one of the zergs in our raid to do circle strat, causing the raid to fail. If that's not worthy of mockery, then I am actually a cat. I hope this sphere of context takes care of the rough edges for you.

Your response to me really adds nothing to the substantive conversation and is basically a defense and justification of your behaviour, which in and of itself is indicative of my point. "At best in poor taste, at worst a rude provocation." I won't be posting anymore in this thread.

Edited by Jacobbs

So we did poison groups tonight and I volunteered for the one at north lane since I wanted to know all about what's going on down there.

Basically it mirrors what is happening above, 3 preservers spawn and resurrect things called blighting pods. Leave one of the pods up for too long and it spawns a bunch of mobs. Those mobs in turn will start heading up ramps and bothering teams above - unless you can aggro them first. A few times I saw some sneaking away and attacked them at range so they would come back and bother our group below instead of heading above.

So we were a group of 7 and that seemed to work well for the most part. Teams above in teamchat were pretty bored most of the time from the sounds of things minus their own natural spawns up there.

Below it is constant running back and forth and killing preservers/pods. No joke I wish the bottom area was a full circle so we could do a circle strat. We would make it to the preserver on one end, kill it and it's pod, and then have to turn around and run all the way to the beginning as that preserver had already spawned and gotten it's pod up. If the area was a circle we would be way more efficient at killing these things.

Anyway, taking those pods out seemed to make it where the only mob we had to worry about were the preservers so that was easy. One thing to note though is whatever the boss is doing above at north lane is affecting us below. He's shooting those little gravity circles which can be ignored, but he also has a stun that takes off a good chunk of health.

At one point we were unfortunate enough to not be quick about taking out a pod so a bunch of mobs spawned. While killing them, boss stuns us all and chunks our health and the mobs start finishing us off while stunned. As soon as our party wiped the mobs went upstairs and things went south for all teams for a bit till we were able to run back into position.

Another thing to be aware of is that the blighting pods seem to be nearly untargetable with range weapons. Have to find the sweet spot to stand to hit at range or be right up on top of them touching them with the tip of your longbow in order to do damage. Also if you kill a pod before killing the preserver it INSTANTLY brings the pod back up to full health. So if your team is doing a lot of aoes and cleaving you'll probably end up destroying the pod first by accident if the preserver is standing right beside it.

Overall, I think it's worth investing in a poison team. For the team I thought 7 was a good number (we're basically doing the job of 15 people having to deal with 3 preservers constantly respawning). Team needs poison mastery obviously but also lots of CC and know how to destroy breakbars. High dps as well. There is really no time to rest as there is always 1 or more preservers plus pods up and you have to get to each quickly, break the bar and kill them and pods and move on to the next. Players who have irl endurance is a must, we were down there 20+ minutes and the only break we got was when we all died, so yeah that's no good. :P

That's my report; uh, poison control team signing off.