Sign in to follow this  
Hellis

Efficient map completion

This isn't my guide, but I've been using it to combat the, in my opinion the worst, most grindy part of GW2.

http://www.postcount.net/index.php?pageid=tdwindex

It has really helped me, and some guildies had shown interest when I mentioned this guide. Every map has a path marked with the most efficient map completion route. I still have to youtube certain vistas, and some of the maps aren't updated (Lornar's Pass Marionette vista for example) but it still makes life much easier.

Examples: 

VydUMIW.jpg hL2VqXt.jpg

I shall be staying on HoD for abit since we've just got Green Borderlands *woot \o/* and then maybe moving onto TC for some WvW action. WvW borderlands are such a pain to run (even when the map is relatively empty) and it took me approx. 25min to clear up a map on my guard.

Clear your borderland, your EBG towers/keeps every week. EBG Castle is usually up for grabs on Friday night as the WvW commanders (not the people that randomly come in with tags, I mean the commanders of the more hardcore WvW guilds) of several worlds have an unwritten understanding that Friday night is circlecap night, because it no longer changes PPT enough to matter before the reset, because people know what it feels like to be locked behind an unclearable EBG SMC, and because karma/achievement farm. Mostly the third.

Do this on all characters. Doesn't matter if you're upscaled or not, even lvl 80s with non-WvW optimised builds are still cannon fodder for the dedicated roamer builds so your best bet is always to run away and avoid combat when doing map completion. Or to follow a zerg, which doesn't really factor your level either. Get lvl 4 ramming if you can, if doing the zerg route, so you're not completely useless.

You should complete the WvW side map completion on all 5 character slots (possible on 8), long before you map-complete on all of those characters for PvE. Leaving it for the end tends to put you in a world of pain in the weird weeks where GW2 dumps you into the red borderlands 4 weeks in a row.

There was one time where SoS held pretty much 100% of WvW (I even have a picture of it on my phone!) and I got map completion for my mesmer and ele, then I went to do my guardian and decided I couldn't be bothered THE REGRET IS REAL

This is exactly how I did map completion.