Kantriakhor

TTS Pokemon General Thread!

So according to the new podcasts, the next tournament is evee evolutions only? 

Whats the fastest/easiest way to get some evees?

Nevermind, I looked at a wiki, and looks like they can be found on certain routes.  Thought it woulda been one/couple only like red//blue was (if I'm remembering correctly).

12 hours ago, Spear Of Flame said:

So according to the new podcasts, the next tournament is evee evolutions only? 

Whats the fastest/easiest way to get some evees?

Nevermind, I looked at a wiki, and looks like they can be found on certain routes.  Thought it woulda been one/couple only like red//blue was (if I'm remembering correctly).

wonder trade, most common place to get them ;)

They are found on Route 10 I believe in X/Y.

As for why Eeveelutions? They make a very interesting metagame that can heavily abuse weather mechanics while, within the contexts of rotation battles, we remove the ever-staple Baton Pass as an option, making the sets a lot more open.

On 1/1/2016 at 0:55 PM, Kantriakhor said:
On 1/1/2016 at 0:55 PM, Kantriakhor said:

I'm at a loss for words.

I'm at a loss for words.

good loss or bad?

Just put this here since we use the 3ds, even though its not pokemon related.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hacker-gets-windows-95-running-on-a-nintendo-3ds/

Updated the OP.

Huge news: Pokemon 20th Anniversary Celebrations!!! (mostly NA-centric for this post)

So Feb 27th is the 20th anniversary for the Japanese Gen 1 games: Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green and they are doing a LOT to celebrate with a bunch of monthly items and promotions, I'll update the OP with the game events as they occur, check out other info here.

However, for the video game side of things:

A Pokemon N3DS Bundle is coming out on 2/27 (can preorder at gamestop, best buy, etc now) and includes Pokemon Red and Blue preinstalled, 2 sets of exchangeable face plates featuring the gen 1 artowrk for Charizard and Blastoise, and a code to redeem a unique wallpaper/theme for the handheld console.

Starting in Feb, there will be a new mythical (event-only) pokemon distribution starting with Mew. The OP will be updated monthly to show the current promotion.

1 hour ago, Spear Of Flame said:

what is the "Festive Feud Online Competition,"?

Was an official competition during December where you could only use pokemon that were in the Red, Green, or White colour-groups according to the Pokedex.

The Delibird's only standouts are having the Happy Hour attack (prize money for IG matches is doubled) and having the held item: Relic Gold (sells for gold, no IG use).

I will begin listing the current official comps (check OP) with any prizes.

It's had some changes:

Local Wireless Trade/Battle via a new UI that opens when using the Cable Club.

The traditional Virtual Console UI has been disabled (ie no "pause"/"refresh" for save states to prevent certain cloning glitches and things like restarting a battle where you lost to a crit, or threw your last ball and failed to catch, etc).

No word on if things like Missing No. or the Mew Glitch were patched out, but assuming they make a couple small changes (ie no longer being able to open the menu during a trainer challenge or removing the "chance" spawn generators on coast lines) I'd imagine some things getting patched.

15 hours ago, Kantriakhor said:

It's had some changes:

Local Wireless Trade/Battle via a new UI that opens when using the Cable Club.

The traditional Virtual Console UI has been disabled (ie no "pause"/"refresh" for save states to prevent certain cloning glitches and things like restarting a battle where you lost to a crit, or threw your last ball and failed to catch, etc).

No word on if things like Missing No. or the Mew Glitch were patched out, but assuming they make a couple small changes (ie no longer being able to open the menu during a trainer challenge or removing the "chance" spawn generators on coast lines) I'd imagine some things getting patched.

Don't even remember most of those glitches.  Can't you still technically do stuff like "restarting a battle where you lost to a crit, or threw your last ball and failed to catch, etc" on the 3ds? (I mean as long as you saved before the battle)

3 minutes ago, NexForce said:

With the emulator you can in the middle of the battle. Basically, you create a save point on the emulator memory instead of the game memory. Thus, allowing you to redo from mid battle

Ahh, haven't used the/an emulator on the 3ds.  I know you can do that with emulators on pc (the save state thing), but didn't know that you'd be able to do that with the 3ds.  I figured red/blue would be just something you downloaded and played (like a demo), not have to have another app/"game" to be able to run it.

Playing a Virtual Console game (any classic game bought via the nintendo e-shop is played using this sub-system, it's not an app in and of itself).

Example: Playing Legend of Zelda I could do a quick-save mid battle and, should I fail, can reboot the quick-save to continue the fight.

In pokemon, the above would be a way to simply not worry about running out of pokeballs while trying to catch legends, redoing a safari encounter, retrying to avoid that nasty crit, etc so it's disabled.