Kantriakhor

TTS Pokemon General Thread!

Welcome to the TTS Pokemon General Thread! Please keep all Pokemon-related discussion (outside of the seasonal competitions) here!

Sugimori_artwork.png

Helpful Links:
Serebii (for news)
Smogon (for build advice)
Pokemon Showdown (for battle simulations over a browser)
IV and EV Guide

Current Competition Thread/Bracket:

Current Thread: TTS Kanto Klassic

Current Bracket: TTS Kanto Klassic Bracket

Current Promotions for the Main Series (via Serebii.net):

NA:

• 5/3 - ?/? (For XYORAS): Hidden Ability Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres (via Pokemon.com's Trainer Newsletter)
  • 6/? - ?/? (For ORAS): Whitney's Miltank (via Official Johto Classic Competition)
  • 6/1 - 6/24 (For XYORAS): Manaphy (via wifi Mystery Gift)

Japan:

• 5/24 - 6/30 (For ORAS): Landorus (via Serial Code from 2016 Japan Tournament entry)
  • 6/? - ?/? (For ORAS): Whitney's Miltank (via Official Johto Classic Competition)
  • 6/1 - 6/30 (For ORAS): Shiny Pikachu (via visiting Pokemon Center-Hiroshima)
  • 6/17 - 7/8 (For ORAS): Shiny Gardevoir (via serial code)

Europe, etc:

• 5/14 - 6/12 (For ORAS): Shiny Machamp (Visit the 2016 Pokemon National Championships: UK, Germany, and Italy)
  • 6/1 - 6/24 (For XYORAS): Manaphy (via wifi Mystery Gift)

TTS Pokemon Masters (winners of competitions):

2015:
Spring (Mono Type Team): Light Guardian Jack
Summer (Lowest-Form Evo's Only): DJ
Fall (Three-Stage Tier Evo Line): Saevai
Winter (Mono Type Ice only): JMaster

2016:

Spring (Eeveelutions): Icarus

Summer (Kanto Klassic):

Fall (Johto Journey):

Winter (Homeward to Hoenn):

2017:

Spring (Sinnoh Safari):

Summer (Unova United):

Fall (Kalos Khaos):

Winter (Aloha Alola):

Mentors (PM me if you want to be added to/removed from this list, so we can keep this thread manageable):

Kantriakhor

Nexforce

Fortis Arcana

Friend Codes (PM me if you want your code added to/removed from this list, so we can keep this thread manageable):

Kantriakhor - 5370-0695-3245
Nexforce - 4399-2172-7188
Celtic - 5472-7518-2800
Summer - 4296-3398-4861
Equto - 3780-9868-6494
Shadoww - 4399-0039-9270
Marcel - 0345-0033-3486
Saevai - 2638-2912-2444
Spear of Flame - 1006-2310-2790
Carrie - 3840-7760-8524
Captain Seyo - 2723-9416-5135
Liara - 0490-6360-4341
DJ - 0834-1597-8097
Fosuesdos - 0791-1884-3765
Light Guardian Jack - 3566-2234-5138
Merforga - 3325-3842-6330
Ivan Truthe - 0662-4408-2110
HEVampersand - 5473-0080-1794

Ragnell.1674 -  1091-8215-2828

Suticat - 0103-9460-8895
Logan - 2165-6196-0652
JMaster - 2535-4191-3564

Alcyius - 0044-3135-3893

Necterz - 4081-6850-4766

WuGwai - 2079-7264-2063

Icarus - 3282-4651-5674

Menoitios - 0834-2891-5607

Kalak - 3110-5180-9465

Moqi - 3780-9146-1732

I'm going to add everyone's FC right now. I managed to snag an extra Charmander and Charmeleon in Wonder Trades and would like to trade them for Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Unfortunately, my extra Charmander has a Japanese nickname.. can I change that?

Also have an extra Froakie i'd love to trade for another starter.

Edited by HEVampersand

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-283670101

Such a close battle.

I'm going to add everyone's FC right now. I managed to snag an extra Charmander and Charmeleon in Wonder Trades and would like to trade them for Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Unfortunately, my extra Charmander has a Japanese nickname.. can I change that?

Also have an extra Froakie i'd love to trade for another starter.

I can help you get all the start pokemon. Just tell me what you would like on the pokemon, Nature, shiny, ability and if you want egg moves. I can try and see what I got. Just send me a private message, and have a lot of random pokemons to trade for those starters. If you want to have your own Trainer ID, I can trade it as an egg, and when it hatches, it is yours, but i can't guarantee if it will be a shiny.

So we have some awesome news, Pokemon Gen 1 will be available for download for the 3ds everywhere in February 2016! Trade and battles enabled for local wireless, hopefully wifi too but I don't think that'll happen.

image.png

14 hours ago, Jmaster.9013 said:

Are there updates on the rules for winter? P new to the guild still and would like to join the battles :D

I'll post the full rules in a separate posts (and link it to the OP) when it hits the final week of the month, but the rules will be:

Ice Types Only

Legends Not Allowed (Articuno, Regice, Kyurem +formes, Arceus, etc).

Mega-Evolutions Not Allowed.

Only allowed 1 of a Pokemon's species (via National Dex number) (ie can't use 6 Delibirds).

Can't use duplicate items on your team (ie 6 leftovers).

Pokemon must have the blue pentagon and have all stats, moves, items, EV/IV's, etc compatible with the blue pentagon (PM me for any questions). I don't care if they're bred, caught, traded, or gen'd, but they need to be "legal", no 999 stat codes :P.

I think that about covers it, You can use Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS for these matches (hence some of the rules).

47 minutes ago, HEVampersand said:

What do you mean by singles or doubles?

I haven't caught any Ice pokemon yet.. where can I find some so I can participate? Also, how many ice pokemon of what level do i need?

1 pokemon out vs 2 pokemon out at a time

6 pokemon probably, which game?

Winter Competition Registration has now started! Keep any posts pertaining to the competition to its own thread (see the OP, also the events section of the forums) please!

On 11/23/2015, 8:27:12, Spear Of Flame said:

crap, is it still available? How long was it available for?

For NA, no. For EU, yes (see OP)

It was available for a couple weeks, I added a promotions section to the OP to keep people updated on promotions for the main series games :)

I will offer my breeding services to competitors if they need a specific pokemon that is not part of the ban list. This service is for people that need 1 or 2 pokemon that can't be easily obtainable. Part of the competition is to enjoy the process of obtaining the pokemon you want to battle with. 

Please include the following information for the pokemon you need:

Nature

IV*

EV Spread**

Ability 1, 2 or Hidden

Egg Moves***

Shiny or Not Shiny

I can't change Happiness because it will go to default the moment I trade the pokemon. Also make sure you got 2 Magikarps ready for trading. I ONLY ACCEPT MAGIKARPS AND NOTHING ELSE! maybe Feebas... but ONLY 1 OR OTHER. :P

*The IV will default to be 31 on everything. IV affects what type your Hidden Power will be. So if you want a specific type for Hidden Power, just tell me the type, and I will get you that type. 

**If you have a want a specific spread in EV (IE 42 in Speed), there's no way I can help you with that unless you literally hack your pokemon, but besides that, I can help allocate EV spread if you need.

***If you want a pokemon with Egg moves, say which ones they can learn, and I'll try to get it. Make sure that these moves are actually Egg moves because there are a few that can be learned by the Tutor and TM.