The forums have been disabled and archived as of 1/13/2019. They will remain here for the time being so that you may gather past conversations. Please contact an administrator if you need any assistance.

Sign in to follow this  
Slaybiel

Can we have a non-AFK silent channel?

"Is this not AFK channel?"
 "Well if there was a channel named "I'm not AFK but I don't want my ears to be bothered", I'd be there."

So can we have one?
And can it be called "Anechoic Chamber"?

Pretty please?
Or ugly please if you're into that kind of things?

I think she means a room where people can't talk (but can type) and can go there if they don't want a lot of noise but want to socialize. Having it muted means that they don't have to worry about people talking and not hearing (which would be the case if they muted sound on their own).

I could be wrong though.

I think she means a room where people can't talk (but can type) and can go there if they don't want a lot of noise but want to socialize. Having it muted means that they don't have to worry about people talking and not hearing (which would be the case if they muted sound on their own).

Totes, there are times where I do wanna socialize with others and hang out, but don't really want to talk (voice) and would rather type. \o/

I have been approached with this idea quite a few times since this thread showed up.    A quiet place for people who wish to be involved but may not wish to have a lot of loud voices in their ears.  

Community members with some social anxiety or would like to chat and be social in a non verbal way and having a place to be is appropriate and ethically responsible with such a large community.  

A very reasonable idea, make under the party channels:   "Chat Channel - Quiet"   Description "Channel for those who are online but don't wish to verbally talk"

Please discuss seriously.

I've avoided TS like the plague because of my Anxiety spells  have been pretty bad recently. I would love a quiet channel sometimes when I wanna communicate with some of my TTS friends outside of the game. This is just a grand idea all around.