Irrell

Show Off Your Most Recent Purchase

On 3/6/2017 at 7:41 AM, Spear Of Flame said:

So hows the battery life and usefulness when its just the tablet?

It probably depends on how heavy the graphics are from game to game. Kind of similar on how many apps are open or brightness on a phone is before the battery drains.

32948018540_c15c74ca9b_b.jpg

Did an upgrade on my gaming tower:

• Asus Prime Z270-AR motherboard
  • 4.5Ghz  Intel Core i7-7700K CPU
  • 32Gb (2x16) Corsair Dominator Pro 3000MHz RAM
  • Corsair Hydro H100i v2 liquid cooling
  • Samsung 850 Pro SSD as C: and moved my RAID array from C: to D: and changed it from 10 to 5

I'm a fan. Really. No, really.  I've been playing the franchise for over a decade and all my game time goes to this one game. Tried others, but this is my addiction.33093678534_00c6ecced1_b.jpg

My laptop of 7+ years struggled a bit with GW2, even with graphics settings at their lowest or off.  So for my birthday I wanted a replacement. I originally considered a big, heavy gaming laptop like an Acer Predator 17 but when I saw a friend's thin and light Dell running GW2 with aplomb, then I knew that's the way I wanted to go when on the road.

• Dell XPS 15 (model 9560): i7-7700HQ Quad Core, NVIDIA 4GB GeForce GTX 1050, Killer 1535 Wireless 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi & BT 4.1, Windows 10 Pro.
  • Then I upgraded the memory to 32GB using Kingston HyperX Impact 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
  • Then I upgraded the drive to a Samsung 960 PRO (1TB PCIe NVMe drive).  Not a task for the feint of heart!  I'm pretty technical and it took several days to work through all the roadblocks and several times I thought I'd destroyed the machine. I'm no longer a fan of Acronis True Image, but Macrium Reflect saved the day and worked like a charm.
  • Nobody makes a M.2 to USB enclosure for PCIe NVMe, so you cannot image to a drive upgrade like can be done with HDs & SSDs.  So I got the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB external HD to hold & restore the drive images for the 2-step migration process.
  • Dell Thunderbolt Dock for when at home, to give a one-cord solution for power, network, keyboard, mouse, etc.
  • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum wireless and wired gaming mouse
  • Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard for when at home & docked
  • Twelve South BookBook laptop case (designed for Macbook Pro Retina, but the dimensions are spacious enough for the XPS).
  • (Not Shown) Ultra-Slim Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with optional power

36106667831_fd1bf80cd6_c.jpg

Edited by Xangxa