Erik

[News] A New Look - Feedback Thread

I went looking for a member list, so tried the search, but it's returning an error both when the query text is blank and if there's something entered.

==

For the dark gray in notifications, it's saying ""The administrator has disabled this option from being toggled.""

I went looking for a member list, so tried the search, but it's returning an error both when the query text is blank and if there's something entered.

==

For the dark gray in notifications, it's saying ""The administrator has disabled this option from being toggled.""

Is it only members, or all search functionality?

I'll check again on notifications, thanks.

Sorry, but the darker scheme is really putting me off, i find it harder to pay attention to what i'm reading.

Is there anyway to control the theme colours i'm seeing?

Bottom left, click on theme and choose default which is a light theme.

Sorry, but the darker scheme is really putting me off, i find it harder to pay attention to what i'm reading.

Is there anyway to control the theme colours i'm seeing?

Unfortunately, the theme is meant to be dark as it shifts with the UTC timezone. This was actually made for it to be easier to read. If you're having trouble reading the site, I would recommend switching back to the default. However, I would also recommend checking your gamma/brightness settings. The website is rather light for being a dark theme, because it had readability in mind when it was designed. If it's straining your eyes, it's definitely doing the opposite of what it was meant to do.

Alternatively, if users decide that the time-shift feature isn't what it's cracked up to be, I can set it to a static time in which it's much lighter (the background) because it solidifies at the night time intervals.

When did Ailarin go back on staff? :D

Temporary; as far as I am aware. I volunteer my time in order to ensure that everything is running smoothly; I made a commitment some months ago (in October of 2014...) to ensure that everything is running in its tip top form, as well as maintaining updates.

Thank you for all the work your doing, Erik!

<3

No problem <3

Edit: nevermind.. I guess only some HTML works.

maybe?

All HTML should work, IPB 4.0's CKEditor was built around moving towards the HTML format, while also retaining the BBCode that everyone seemingly loves. Unfortunately, the editor is behaving quite weirdly lately, and I've submitted a ticket as the functionality is not what I am used to. I apologize for this, but I am committed to getting it working.

Edit: Did some document digging, when I replied to this question, I actually found the answer to my other question. Spelunking, how I love you :^)

Thanks for your patience guys, I hope this addresses some of your problems.

Edited by Erik

Alright, so I'll give a little background on this issue.

IPB does allow the posting of raw HTML, but I will have to restrict it to staff groups due to the potential that those who are not meant to abuse it, will. Unfortunately, there aren't certain HTML protocols that I can disable in order to allow every to use it. The following staff groups should now see the source button:

• GW2 Council
  • GW2 Leader
  • GW2 PR
  • Keeper
  • Web Developer

Unfortunately, if you're HTML savvy, there's not much I can do in regards to opening up the functionality to you without exposing the site to some potentially malicious behavior. HOWEVER, what I can do is this - if you have a specific function you're looking for, just ask for it. I can generally add it rather easy, and would have no problem doing so.

:)

Edited by Erik

Though BB code still works the same no? So you can use BB code for formatting instead of HTML?

Yes. you should be able to. Most BBCode functionality was retained with this update.

What was missing from the forums pre-update? Twitter link or YouTube link on the left side?

I think it was YouTube that was missing. If so we don't have a Twitter link up top.

Also: notifications. The option to turn off emails when someone replies to a topic I follow is disabled from change, and my email is getting flooded because of this thread when I would rather just get the notification here.

I've fixed both of these issues. If you need another social icon, let me know.

Notifications have been changed to allow more user control - these options shouldn't be grayed out any longer.

Why's there GW2 Leader and GW2 PR though o.o

Just the way it was set-up. People are in there.

If that group isn't used anymore, just message me and I can axe it.

In the face.

RIGHT IN THE FACE.

Edit: In fact, you're in that group.

Edited by Erik

Hmmm... am I the only one who misses the "Back to Top" button? XD

Nope, I do too. Looking into adding it amongst other things.

Edit: Actually, five minutes. I'll do it now.

Hmmm... am I the only one who misses the "Back to Top" button? XD

Done. It's on the right-side of the screen, same as last time. :)

Edited by Erik

Now apparently the source button is missing from editing posts.  This made it so I could manually remove the format if I didn't like it.

Edited by Vegeta

Now apparently the source button is missing from editing posts.  This made it so I could manually remove the format if I didn't like it.

Yeah, had to remove it because it was conflicting with the naturally embedded ones for user groups.

Would a remove format button suffice?

Sorry i guess I didn't explain myself well, i want the boxes that all text and names are in to be white with black text.  I just find black/gray off putting, its a offshoot of my auditory processing disorder.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do.

For now, you can change the theme to IPB's default - you can do that via the bottom left menu (very far bottom left) that says "Theme" and has an arrow drop down. It will place you with the default.

Edited by Erik

Yeah, had to remove it because it was conflicting with the naturally embedded ones for user groups.

Would a remove format button suffice?

Do you remember the old style, where it would show you the raw format? .. Would that be possible?

Do you remember the old style, where it would show you the raw format? .. Would that be possible?

Yes, I do. I'll see if it's possible, but with the editor changes made to CKEditor in 4.0, probably not.

Edited by Erik

well lets just say for example I type in some code.. sldkfj  it probably won't show up normally, but with the raw form of the editor it would..

now when I re-edit it, the "sldkfj" text is in bold, and i no longer see the bbcode bold tags anymore which I cannot edit that from.  This would also cause a lot of problems when trying to edit a picture link to something else.

Edited by Vegeta

well lets just say for example I type in some code.. sldkfj  it probably won't show up normally, but with the raw form of the editor it would..

now when I re-edit it, the "sldkfj" text is in bold, and i no longer see the bbcode bold tags anymore which I cannot edit that from.  This would also cause a lot of problems when trying to edit a picture link to something else.

It's possible, and I just checked to see how the functionality works.

The changes they have made to the editor, essentially means that it parses BBCode into HTML format. However, because of the nature of HTML, certain functionalities cannot be given to a normal user because of the possible embedding of items that could be potentially harmful to the forum and the userbase.

This means one of two things. I can provide a BBCode source function, but that would mean disabling HTML entirely because the editor doesn't support the parsing of HTML to BBCode. 

Alternatively, I could add a dialogue box that pops out, because it wouldn't conflict with the primary source dialogue box that those with full HTML capability enabled currently have.

Edited by Erik

It's possible, and I just checked to see how the functionality works.

The changes they have made to the editor, essentially means that it parses BBCode into HTML format. However, because of the nature of HTML, certain functionalities cannot be given to a normal user because of the possible embedding of items that could be potentially harmful to the forum and the userbase.

This means one of two things. I can provide a BBCode source function, but that would mean disabling HTML entirely because the editor doesn't support the parsing of HTML to BBCode. 

Alternatively, I could add a dialogue box that pops out, because it wouldn't conflict with the primary source dialogue box that those with full HTML capability enabled currently have.

You could always manually add new type of bbcode using html though, if anything is needed?  Although probably should try with that alternate option first to see how well that would work.