Erik

[News] A New Look - Feedback Thread

Hello,

Today, I performed the upgrade to IPSuite 4.0 - this upgrade brings a plethora of features, as well as fixes many issues that the old forum software (IPSuite 3.4.X) had.

Many of these changes are visible in the back-end, with social changes being visible to you, the users. An issue you may notice, however, is that users are missing their profile image. You will need to re-upload your profile image and scale it utilizing the new tools that the board has. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If there are any questions, and or issues, feel free to post below and I will address them as soon as possible. You will also notice some changes over the next few days as I continue to fix, and improve on some systems that are needed for day to day operations. If you have any feedback, feel free to provide it! This ranges from "This text is hard to read." or "this isn't functioning like this, despite it saying it should." Don't be afraid to speak up, let me fix these things. :)

You may notice that the theme is also changing colors in the background. The theme we are utilizing changes and shifts colors with the UTC Timezone, and is reflective of the day/evening/night cycle. Snazzy.

Enjoy,

Ailarin.

CHANGE-LOG

• Added a "back to top" button.
  • Added a "go to first unread post" button to show unread forums/threads/posts.
  • Added a chat-box on the right side of the main index.
  • Added new backgrounds for users
  • Fixed an issue preventing the "member" search feature from executing.
  • Fixed an issue preventing users from registering new accounts.
  • Fixed an issue regarding the viewing of the "source-code" of a post.
  • Fixed several notification issues.
  • Fixed several moderation-related issues.
  • Fixed an issue pertaining to the social icons.
  • Removed the animated monkey icons (sorry, new ones have to be added.)
Edited by Erik

Small thing I just noticed: users online at the bottom. Leader font is black and can hardly be seen.

Yep, looking into new color options now :)

Small thing I just noticed: users online at the bottom. Leader font is black and can hardly be seen.

Is that color better?

Looks good to me :)

Will have to update my signature though >.<

Quick edit: THE MONKEYS! WE HAVE LIMITED ACCESS TO MONKEYS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

fixed soon

Edited by Erik

The forum sub-threads are extremely far apart. Like as you can see in the Taco stand > Guilds > OCE NA EU, OCE and NA has this large gap in the middle. It is suppose to be like that or is that something that can be changed?

The forum sub-threads are extremely far apart. Like as you can see in the Taco stand > Guilds > OCE NA EU, OCE and NA has this large gap in the middle. It is suppose to be like that or is that something that can be changed?

Is that better?

My formatting in my guide is a bit off but other then that this seems interesting. 

Unfortunately, 19000 posts had to be converted; there are bound to be some issues with formatting that you will need to clean up. Apologies for the inconvenience.

A couple pages are missing the black bg for me? e.g. photo selection

Screenshot? Trying to understand what you mean.

Edited by Erik

Looking at it again; it probably wasn't meant to be opened in a new tab, heh.

==

Will the option to view the post's code be available?

The photo selector opens up in a separate pop-out window, definitely not meant to be opened like that.

That is available, it's the "Source" button.

d79e3e1bfbd96a113ce72ee68c4f3c39.png

Edited by Erik

What was missing from the forums pre-update? Twitter link or YouTube link on the left side?

I think it was YouTube that was missing. If so we don't have a Twitter link up top.

Also: notifications. The option to turn off emails when someone replies to a topic I follow is disabled from change, and my email is getting flooded because of this thread when I would rather just get the notification here.

What was missing from the forums pre-update? Twitter link or YouTube link on the left side?

I think it was YouTube that was missing. If so we don't have a Twitter link up top.

Also: notifications. The option to turn off emails when someone replies to a topic I follow is disabled from change, and my email is getting flooded because of this thread when I would rather just get the notification here.

Can you give me a screenshot of your notification settings?

Edit: You had your notification settings set to e-mail you everytime someone responded to a thread you followed.

I've changed your settings to e-mail you once a week with a breakdown of everything that has happened that week. I hope you don't mind. Alternatively, you can click the globe on the user bar above, and change your notification settings to remove yourself from the mailing list entirely.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Erik